Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost my second remote on updating firmware .

Reaction score
Updated to 1.91aircraft 1.740 remote tried linking an searching nothing happens. Worked before updated . Any tips appreciated . I linked my second remote to craft everything works fine . Switched it back to NY normal controller still nothing.

I updated my remote firmware this past weekend. The only way I could get it to connect to the Inspire was to delete DJI GO app and reinstall.

you have to request control from the slave and then allow control from the master

I had to link as a master controller then download the new remote firmware then switch them back from Master to slave

I upgraded firm ware on the controllers of the inspire today and the bird wouldn't connect to the rc's. When I downloaded the bin file to SD card to upgrade the inspire it still wouldn't connect.
I formatted the SD card on the Mac instead of formatting from the Dji app...so I reformatted a different SD card and tried again.. Same problem RC not connecting.
Any suggestions???

I use a card reader to plug it into my laptop and I can go in and browse the files then I delete them all besides the media then I zip them to my SD card with the card reader you can tell if it's doing anything I'm not too sure about Mac though never use that

Reactions: Theblacksmith
I finally updated this week. The bin file on a micro SD card did the trick for the AC. This, of course, with both controllers turned off. Then I updated the master controller from the DJI GO ap. Everything was fine until I tried to use the slave controller. Got the " not connected to AC" error message, no images etc. Made the slave the master and everything was fine. I could control the gimbal with either controller as master using C! and C2 but I wanted the slave controller working so the camera person could use the sticks to control the camera while I flew the inspire 1 with the X5 camera and gimbal.

The solution had two parts. First I had to link the slave to the master by putting in the connection code. This took some tries to figure out since the slave screen did not have a place to put the code. When I touched the place where I thought the input rectangle should have been to my pleasant surprise the input rectangle came up and I was able to put in the connection code of four digits Then the slave display (ipad) showed the screen that was on the master. Thus I thought I was back in operation. However, the sticks on the slave would not control the gimbal even though I had given control to the slave. After some anxiety I saw a notice on the master screen that the coach mode was on. I turned this off and now the sticks on the slave control the gimbal. All is well!

Updated to 1.91aircraft 1.740 remote tried linking an searching nothing happens. Worked before updated . Any tips appreciated . I linked my second remote to craft everything works fine . Switched it back to NY normal controller still nothing.
I tried just about all of the recommendations, nothing worked.Slave is still dysfunctional.

Link your slave to the as the main remote see if it works then shut it down it'll tell you to update your remote do so then they both should have the upgrade then turn your slave back to it that's what I had to do. Turn the bird an remote on, on your slave hit link remote push red button on bird it should link up . Then shut it down restart everything besides bird an it should say remote upgrade . Hope that helps

Link your slave to the as the main remote see if it works then shut it down it'll tell you to update your remote do so then they both should have the upgrade then turn your slave back to it that's what I had to do. Turn the bird an remote on, on your slave hit link remote push red button on bird it should link up . Then shut it down restart everything besides bird an it should say remote upgrade . Hope that helps
thanks, i'll give it a try

I never use my slave had the same issue. Make sure your dji app is up to date on your pad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD