Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lumix 14 - 42mm rolling shutter/Jello effect

Reaction score
Website
www.intrepiddroneservices.com
Hi Folks,

I need some assistance if possible...

I tried out my Lumix vario x 14 - 42mm lens yesterday with not fantastic results.

It zooms and focused correctly but there is a Jello/wavy image during video which looks horrendous. I have the official dji balance rings fitted and it gave a warning on a few occasion to add the balance rings, even though they are already fitted. The jello image is all the time and not just on zoom. Now I am wondering if I have done something wrong here or is this a common/known issue? Maybe I got the calibration wrong? From what I understand this is caused by vibration or an unbalanced lens. I do not have this issue with the DJI lens fitted.

Could my props be unbalanced?

There is also a beeping sound when the lens is at 14mm or 42mm zoom. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Is this the gray one? I noticed there are a few 14-42 options. Also, the gray one has Image Stabilization, which could definitely be causing that effect...

It's this one. The other version is not actually officially compatible/supported by DJI.
c5839aab058d3dd5b1a6b7a4aa529933.jpg

It's this one. The other version is not actually officially compatible/supported by DJI.
c5839aab058d3dd5b1a6b7a4aa529933.jpg

This lens looks different than my grey one but the jello is usually from too high shutter speed.
Try slowing the shutter to twice your Frame rate. If it's very sunny an ND helps.
If you're shooting 24fps aim for a shutter of 50.
That should help.

Reactions: Advexure
This lens looks different than my grey one but the jello is usually from too high shutter speed.
Try slowing the shutter to twice your Frame rate. If it's very sunny an ND helps.
If you're shooting 24fps aim for a shutter of 50.
That should help.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go this weekend.[emoji106]

Reactions: Advexure
What balance ring is needed for this lens? I am looking at this for my I2. Thanks

The answer is it depends.
If you will not use an ND filter, just use the one specified in the DJI manual or website for the lumix 14-42 lens. If you do plan on using a filter, I recommend you check out this thread for some different options

X5S compatible lens and balancing thread

X5S compatible lens and balancing thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont