Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Magenta Shift DJI Inspire 2 and X5s

Reaction score
Hi,

do you also have a magenta shift in the midtones? I tested my I2 and the model of my friend and we both have the same problem - see attached screenshot!

Do you have any advice?

Firmware is up to date!

Thank you Chris

Attachments

• magenta shift.jpg
    magenta shift.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 74
Hi,

do you also have a magenta shift in the midtones? I tested my I2 and the model of my friend and we both have the same problem - see attached screenshot!

Do you have any advice?

Firmware is up to date!

Thank you Chris
You mean like this thread already talks about?
Stock 15mm lens on X5S with magenta cast?

Simply typing in ‘Magenta’ into the search box can yield astounding results.

It´s not the lens - we have done several test with different lenses - always the same result! A magenta shift in the midtones - only or mainly in the midtones!

It's a known problem with the X5s. Many people have complained to DJI and asked for a menu with custom user color balance settings. Or a way to manually set and lock the white balance with a sheet of white paper. I have experimented and found if you set the custom white balance at 5.2-5.3 k it will fool the camera into reducing the magenta during sunny days. It helps but doesn't fix it entirely. You might try experimenting to see what works best for you. I have had no issue correcting it in Davinci Resolve afterward. Fix it post! as they say.

It's a known problem with the X5s. Many people have complained to DJI and asked for a menu with custom user color balance settings. Or a way to manually set and lock the white balance with a sheet of white paper. I have experimented and found if you set the custom white balance at 5.2-5.3 k it will fool the camera into reducing the magenta during sunny days. It helps but doesn't fix it entirely. You might try experimenting to see what works best for you. I have had no issue correcting it in Davinci Resolve afterward. Fix it post! as they say.
Do you mean correcting what file format? RAW or H.264?

I shoot primarily in d-log prores 422 on the ssd and h.264 on the sd card. But this magenta shift affects all the color profiles that I have tried. It took me awhile to find a compromise in the camera settings that would make a difference. Pre-setting the light temperature at 5200-5300k makes a huge difference on my X5s.

I shoot primarily in d-log prores 422 on the ssd and h.264 on the sd card. But this magenta shift affects all the color profiles that I have tried. It took me awhile to find a compromise in the camera settings that would make a difference. Pre-setting the light temperature at 5200-5300k makes a huge difference on my X5s.
Thank you, will try this K value. I'm dealing with landscape photography mainly (RAW only, of course), but this magenta tint with DJI cameras is a PINTA since I remember, starting with X5 on Inspire 1 or Osmo. X5S is much better, still they can't get it right somehow. As for now I'm on h.264 territory with occasional video footage recorded on SD card. This is much more difficult to correct in post.

Last edited:
I hope that will help. It's not a perfect fix as I've found in post color correction but it does make a difference. I am using DaVinci Resolve for editing and color work and have no problems correcting the shift. Not sure what you are using for an editor. A lot of people use resolve for color work only and that is good option if you want to try it. Good luck.

I hope that will help. It's not a perfect fix as I've found in post color correction but it does make a difference. I am using DaVinci Resolve for editing and color work and have no problems correcting the shift. Not sure what you are using for an editor. A lot of people use resolve for color work only and that is good option if you want to try it. Good luck.
Thank you for a tip. Yes, been there, did that. Came back to Adobe Premiere, same s...t, just different cover. Just like a lipstick on a shirt after Saturday night escapade to a local strip club ... hard to remove before your lady wake up ... :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faridabadcallgirl