Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Maiden Voyage after firmware install.

Reaction score
Quite honestly, I've never flown a quad before.. So why not do the first flight at night?.. Sounds like the sensible thing to do, right? (Insert sarcasm here). But seriously, .. Got the I1 yesterday, I installed the new FW as per cswamp1's video link. All went well there. Calibrated, imu, compass, checked everything, and I let her idle for a couple of minutes a few feet off the ground. First impression: this thing is rock solid!!!...and if you've never had the pleasure of flying at night... Go do it now! Looked like aliens were about to take over!, it was cool!
Handling right out of the box, I was more than impressed. Very predictable. Very stable. Can't wait to do a day flight and get to work on some videos.

I don't find the visibility hard at night because of the lights. I too have been very impressed with its stability, but I remember how nervous I was for the first few flights because it was my "baby". Enjoy it, learn it, and don't forget you can review your flights in the User Center, Flight Record.

It's my baby too. That's why it took a couple of beers to calm my nerves... But to my surprise, it was very easy and stable. I live in the outskirts of town, so there is very little "static" to deal with. But so far, I am digging the stability of this platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla