Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Make use of your damaged battery

Reaction score
Website
www.photo-elevate.com
IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0117.JPG

Last year I had the dreaded cell broken message appear for one of my TB48 batteries.

Luckily it was still under warranty and dji replaced it with a new one.

I have been keeping the damaged one safe in case someone has a magic fix to repair it, but that seems unlikely to happen.

Rather than throw it all away I decided to remove the cells and turn it into a storage box for the many small components we carry.

This was an easy mod to do, this link may help to show how it comes apart.

I filed the locking lugs down which hold the top cover on so that it can be removed easily.

However I cannot stress enough that working on a lipo battery should not be attempted unless you are confident you know what you are doing. We all know what could happen, and the magic smoke is not good.

Finally dispose of the unwanted cells in a proper safe manner of your choice.

Reactions: SkipTV and Ftolino
View attachment 9663 View attachment 9662

Last year I had the dreaded cell broken message appear for one of my TB48 batteries.

Luckily it was still under warranty and dji replaced it with a new one.

I have been keeping the damaged one safe in case someone has a magic fix to repair it, but that seems unlikely to happen.

Rather than throw it all away I decided to remove the cells and turn it into a storage box for the many small components we carry.

This was an easy mod to do, this link may help to show how it comes apart.

I filed the locking lugs down which hold the top cover on so that it can be removed easily.

However I cannot stress enough that working on a lipo battery should not be attempted unless you are confident you know what you are doing. We all know what could happen, and the magic smoke is not good.

Finally dispose of the unwanted cells in a proper safe manner of your choice.
d you still have the circuit board from the battery, i will buy it off you if you have, i have a battery the cells are fine but the circuit board is damaged., let me know i'll pay you a fair price

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Questglt