Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Map cache question

Reaction score
Website
www.photo-elevate.com
Next weekend I am planning to fly my inspire in four different locations several miles apart.

There will be no internet connection.

Does anyone know if the app can cache multiple map locations, which can be retrieved in any order.

Or is it limited to one location.

Look forward to your advice

PS. will not be recalibrating compass.

Next weekend I am planning to fly my inspire in four different locations several miles apart.

There will be no internet connection.

Does anyone know if the app can cache multiple map locations, which can be retrieved in any order.

Or is it limited to one location.

Look forward to your advice

PS. will not be recalibrating compass.
You can cache several locations of map before going out into the field. I have to do this working in remote areas of Scotland. However, I am not sure how many areas that can be loaded. I think there is some sort of limit but whether it is memory or time limited I am not sure. When I have returned to previous sites I have found the map has 'deteriorated' and needs to be refreshed.

I would try caching several areas at the 3 levels of zoom required, switch to Airplane Mode and then go back and check whether they are still there. I would recheck before you leave. I normal cache out 2.5 km radius from where I intend to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla