Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max flight altitude inspire1

Reaction score
Is it true that one can not fly higher than 500 meters with inspire1. inside ios pilot app to see. What options do you use? with this limit rows not up to the world's tallest building

DSC_0246.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightOwl
Is it true that one can not fly higher than 500 meters with inspire1. inside ios pilot app to see. What options do you use?

View attachment 99

As a reminder, here in the US, the max altitude is 400 ft AGL (above ground) or 120 meters. That is an FAA mandated limit, as all air traffic (except manned helicopters) are restricted to above 500 AGL except when taking off or landing.

Yes you can take the Inspire above those altitudes, but not LEGALLY. Fly safe.

In Norway has also not allowed to fly over 120 meters, so this must all comply. shall also have visual contact with drones. videos showing great heights and very long distances, do not think I know anything about.

Just slide ;)
Max altitude setting does not have a slider. It looks like we can't disable it. So there is no way to fly this bird above 500 meters by the looks of it. Perhaps the max altitude is only applied in GPS mode though, not sure.

Reactions: breathein
Max altitude setting does not have a slider. It looks like we can't disable it. So there is no way to fly this bird above 500 meters by the looks of it. Perhaps the max altitude is only applied in GPS mode though, not sure.

You are right. In the latest version of the App the slider has disappeared. So right now the max altitude is limited to 500m.

Last edited:
According to AC 91-57 "do not operate model aircraft above 400 feet above the surface". It is true that it is a recommendation, but that is a STRONG recommendation. Aircraft are not required to stay above 500 feet.

As I wrote in another thread, there are many legitimate uses for wanting the ability to fly 1000' or higher from the take-off point. Take for example my video below, in which I am a mile from my take-off point and 1200' high, yet there is absolutely zero chance of a full-sized aircraft being in the area I am flying in (this flight is with a P2, not an I1):

Last edited:
it is good that inspire have a maximum height and distance limit that is limited in app on 500meters. should be maximum 120 m in both directions. Then had a gotten rid these look frivolous people who are trying to set. records and others' lives in danger

Reactions: ems1016
Yeah, I've seen a few videos for distance flying and they are going over highways and populated areas. I know that mostly you can't help that because most people just don't have the area to just stretch out. But it makes me cringe and angered to see it. Every time I see a video of someone flying over a highway I'm convinced it's just a matter of time before this whole thing is shut down for good. It's a matter of time before one of these things kills someone on the highway dropping down from the sky. Ever heard of the story of kids dropping a cinder block off a bridge into a passing car? A pumpkin, where the driver was maimed for life? A shopping cart off a parking lot overpass that crippled a woman? Keep chancing flight over people and traffic and if it goes wrong, say hello to a long stretch in prison. And you'll deserve it. Who doesn't deserve it is the unsuspecting public beneath you. We all want to fly, I want to fly. But keep in mind that for all the talk about the skies and faa, there's an even greater risk to everyone *under* you. Fly responsibility, for everyone's sake.

catware, I fly at levels similar to, and lower, then what you show in your video quite often in a helicopter. Depending on the mission as well as the current conditions it is not uncommon to fly at such levels. There is definitely a chance for you to come across a manned aircraft there and at those altitudes, unless there is some charted reason on sectionals where that airspace would be off-limits of course, in which case no one should be flying in it without prior approval (i.e. prohibited, restricted, TFRs and other restricted areas).

Also, just a heads up, that area of airspace, near huntington lake in CA, has many marked national park boundary areas, mostly to the north and to the east, just to warn you. Part of that reg would make it so that you should not fly in that area: "b. Pilots are requested to maintain a minimum altitude of 2,000 feet above the surface of the following: National Parks, Monuments, Seashores, Lakeshores, Recreation Areas and Scenic Riverways administered by the National Park Service, National Wildlife Refuges, Big Game Refuges, Game Ranges and Wildlife Ranges administered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and Wilderness and Primitive areas administered by the U.S. Forest Service."

FAA Advisory Circular AC 91-36, Visual Flight Rules (VFR) Flight Near Noise-Sensitive Areas, defines the surface of a national park area (including parks, forests, primitive areas, wilderness areas, recreational areas, national seashores, national monuments, national lakeshores, and national wildlife refuge and range areas) as: the highest terrain within 2,000 feet laterally of the route of flight, or the upper‐most rim of a canyon or valley.

You are right. In the latest version of the App the slider has disappeared. So right now the max altitude is limited to 500m.

This is a scary thought.

We are at the mercy of DJI with each subsequent firmware updates.

First DJI removed the Sat count and now we only have Bars.

Now the 500m limit.

What's Next?

This is a scary thought.

We are at the mercy of DJI with each subsequent firmware updates.

First DJI removed the Sat count and now we only have Bars.

Now the 500m limit.

What's Next?

It's deletable in the app, so what's the problem?

Actually, my suggestion would be an app feature that would require a quick IQ test before flight (there's no way to test for common sense, but a guy can dream).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen