Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max Payload

Reaction score
I'm looking for a DJI drone that will lift and carry 7 pounds as a payload over 600 feet distance for max 5 minutes. Can the Inspire 2 go this ..?

Going Metric. I need to lift up to 3Kg, transport and do a drop max 100 Meters away. Flying no higher than 40 Meters and all in the space of 5-6 minutes. I'd like to avoid having buy a Matrice 600 or S900 as sophistication is not required. Answers or suggestions please - thank you

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Last edited:
I'm looking for a DJI drone that will lift and carry 7 pounds as a payload over 600 feet distance for max 5 minutes. Can the Inspire 2 go this ..?

Going Metric. I need to lift up to 3Kg, transport and do a drop max 100 Meters away. Flying no higher than 40 Meters and all in the space of 5-6 minutes. I'd like to avoid having buy a Matrice 600 or S900 as sophistication is not required. Answers or suggestions please - thank you

I never understand why people do not go to DJI Inspire 2 specification page!?
Gives weight of aircraft and Max Take off weight

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

That should answer your question...... 'No'

Also, make sure you do not fall foul of the CASA rules regarding dropping of payloads.

Thanks Editor - you are right..! Nothing more needed..!
I'm afraid you will need to go bigger than an Inspire to achieve what you are after.
A heavy(ish) lifter would be better and a hex or octo would give better stability carrying 3kg payload.

Yes... Not easy and don't want to spend more than US$2,500. I'm sure I'll get there. Just that DJI seems to have it over all other manufacturers.

Yes... Not easy and don't want to spend more than US$2,500. I'm sure I'll get there. Just that DJI seems to have it over all other manufacturers.
If all you require is fly and drop then you could build something pretty easily based on a carbon fibre frame and a hexacopters config.
Slap in a flight controller/receiver and get a decent TX, allocate a channel to your payload dropping system and job done.
Depends on CASA - not sure whether they would require air worthiness certification for self build airframe or not (not that familiar with CASA legislation)

You want a M6, and I know a guy that has one... THIS GUY!! What's the job?

I never understand why people do not go to DJI Inspire 2 specification page!?
Gives weight of aircraft and Max Take off weight

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

That should answer your question...... 'No'

Also, make sure you do not fall foul of the CASA rules regarding dropping of payloads.
On a programmers forum, the answer would have been RTFM. A goole search will let you know what that means if you don't already.

Hi from Oz. Thanks for the offer to come down. Sorry, but we'd only be able to provide 4-star accomm..!
Did your check-out the video on Ftolino's posting - Very impressive. I only need it carry (with camera) 5 pounds over a short distance of 200 yards over the waves, drop the 5lb payload and return to the beach. ( Grand-parents' ashes ...! ) M6 would be a bit over-kill - excuse the pun. So, any further thoughts..?
Cheers

Hi from Oz. Thanks for the offer to come down. Sorry, but we'd only be able to provide 4-star accomm..!
Did your check-out the video on Ftolino's posting - Very impressive. I only need it carry (with camera) 5 pounds over a short distance of 200 yards over the waves, drop the 5lb payload and return to the beach. ( Grand-parents' ashes ...! ) M6 would be a bit over-kill - excuse the pun. So, any further thoughts..?
Cheers
Yes, actually I do have further thoughts. First, I apologize for making light of a solemn occasion. I would suggest fashioning a set of teeth that attach to the landing gear. I saw a youtube video of this setup last year some time. Basically a guy cut two "sharks teeth" out of aluminum and fixed them to the landing gear. In the down position, they overlapped (and allowed him to carry a payload with his Inspire 1). So basically, he turned off the auto landing gear and lifted the payload. He then flew to a point that he wanted to drop the payload, and raised the landing gear. When the gear began to raise, the payload was no longer help captive by the overlapping "teeth" and dropped. It was a very intuitive solution and I have though about fashioning something like that for a while. The only payload that I carry is a guide rope with the M6. We already had a cargo hook on on order by the time I ran across that video.

Reactions: Gren
Yes, actually I do have further thoughts. First, I apologize for making light of a solemn occasion. I would suggest fashioning a set of teeth that attach to the landing gear. I saw a youtube video of this setup last year some time. Basically a guy cut two "sharks teeth" out of aluminum and fixed them to the landing gear. In the down position, they overlapped (and allowed him to carry a payload with his Inspire 1). So basically, he turned off the auto landing gear and lifted the payload. He then flew to a point that he wanted to drop the payload, and raised the landing gear. When the gear began to raise, the payload was no longer help captive by the overlapping "teeth" and dropped. It was a very intuitive solution and I have though about fashioning something like that for a while. The only payload that I carry is a guide rope with the M6. We already had a cargo hook on on order by the time I ran across that video.

Hi again. What a brilliant innovative idea..! I didn't realise the legs folded on the Inspire drones. Is this the same for the 1 and the 2..? Either way, it looks a very good idea. I'm not actually 100% sure of each weight load but ought not be >3 Kilos or 6.5 Lbs. Do you the video you referred to is still around on YouTube..? I'll take a look.
Many thanks again..!

I will look for the video. If I can find it again, I will post a link. I am not sure about the payload. I would say that you are pushing controllability with a swinging payload of that weight though. That is of course having never tried this type of operation with an inspire.

Reactions: Gren
I will look for the video. If I can find it again, I will post a link. I am not sure about the payload. I would say that you are pushing controllability with a swinging payload of that weight though. That is of course having never tried this type of operation with an inspire.

Great. What I/we have in mind would not swing. Ashes would go into special disolvable so that when it hits the sea, it disovles in seconds..!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD