Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mercedes Inspire 2 (spotlight pro)

Reaction score
Hey fellow drone pilots!

My nephew get a new (second hand) car from his dad and granddad
Could you check out this video and maybe give some feedback on it?

Thanks in advance

Hey fellow drone pilots!

My nephew get a new (second hand) car from his dad and granddad
Could you check out this video and maybe give some feedback on it?

Thanks in advance

Since you are asking for feedback, nice video editing. The music in the background could be a little different, maybe a something like "Danger Zone" but that's just me.

What settings were you using for the camera?.

Thank you for the feedback, dangerzone is also a nice choice!

I was using the 4k narrow field of view 60 fps.

Shutter 120 but i cant recall the other settings, i want to try my ND filters next time to preserve the colors betters.

Thank you for the feedback, dangerzone is also a nice choice!

I was using the 4k narrow field of view 60 fps.

Shutter 120 but i cant recall the other settings, i want to try my ND filters next time to preserve the colors betters.

Indeed, filters make a big difference. I love the cinematic look I get from the NDs that I have.
Take a look, We just came back from a vacation to Costa Rica and Nicaragua. I shot this video in Nicaragua in one of the churches in a colonial town.

Just and observation - everything in the video is in constant motion, and fairly fast for most of it. Sometimes we're having so much fun moving the camera around that we ignore good shots that are available when it's still. Some suggestions of shots for you to consider:

- Perhaps open with some shots where the car is still and you're just panning across it.

- The camera sits still hovering over the road pointed forward, and the car comes racing up from behind under the camera and off toward the horizon. This is one of my favorite things about drones - you can easily send things under the camera while keeping the camera still.

- The camera and car are both moving, but at the same speed in the same direction - so they are still relative to each other. It's often fun to end these shots with either the camera or the subject accelerating to change the composition.

Good luck!

Reactions: Reinier
I would suggest much tighter shots of the car. If this was a promotional for Mercedes it would not do much to sell the looks of the car since most of your shots are at considerable distance. One simple trick would be to fly very close to the car at a slow speed and then speed things up in post. Also you should have some good ground shots to throw into the mix - maybe even a couple tight, artsy shots from inside the car. ZenFlyer's suggestions would also help.
In short, too many similar shots and too far away.
My 2 cents.

Just and observation - everything in the video is in constant motion, and fairly fast for most of it. Sometimes we're having so much fun moving the camera around that we ignore good shots that are available when it's still. Some suggestions of shots for you to consider:

- Perhaps open with some shots where the car is still and you're just panning across it.

- The camera sits still hovering over the road pointed forward, and the car comes racing up from behind under the camera and off toward the horizon. This is one of my favorite things about drones - you can easily send things under the camera while keeping the camera still.

- The camera and car are both moving, but at the same speed in the same direction - so they are still relative to each other. It's often fun to end these shots with either the camera or the subject accelerating to change the composition.

Good luck!

Good suggestions from ZenFlyer. Also, have the car moving as fast as possible and you fly straight at it as fast as possible, relatively low. As the car zips under the QC it will look like it's going 100mph or more. That's a great shot. Sorry but music was all wrong. Heavy rock 'n roll but often the car was moving slowly. Also, I know this is about flying but a few ground level shots thrown in would be good too, especially low angle with the car passing close by the camera. You could still use the Inspire, just have it sitting on the ground with video rolling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08