Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Modding Inspire for Speed?

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
Hi all, I am curious did somebody have his Inspire 1 modded by the guys from flyflydrones or by himself?

Please note that I'm not asking how to do the MOD but feedback from people that have done it!

I'm mainly interested to make the inspire a bit faster so I'm looking for some feedback from people that have tried that stuff. Will be great if somebody share his experience with the mod like how many flights after the mod and how it is behaving overall, things to care about with this mod, is it safe? What is the battery life in flight, stability, speed breaking, how all those behave while modded for speed?

Thanks!

i used to hit around 50-55 mph with my Inspire 1 on the 1.3 FW. but now on 1.11 it tops at 45mph. I did email the flyflydrones, and was told $150 for a custom FW for my model inspire and camera setup... sorry not sure thats worth it

I just had a weird image, DJI comes up with a tilt rotor design similar to the Osprey V22.
I do recall seeing video of an RC version somewhere. But its really not quite a drone anymore.

There is a backdoor in the assistant app that allowed access to modify the firmware before installing. Google should be able to help you find it.

You can change all kinds of settings, but be careful if you do!

There is a backdoor in the assistant app that allowed access to modify the firmware before installing. Google should be able to help you find it.

can you make a FW and send to somebody and they install on the SD to install on the drone? or does the drone have to be hooked to the computer?

You probably could download it. I just opened it to look at it and it was while my inspire was connected. There were a lot of configurable parameters.

You probably could download it. I just opened it to look at it and it was while my inspire was connected. There were a lot of configurable parameters.
id be interested in gaining a faster top speed. but running windows 10 so ill look into the DJI assitant app, curious do you use the tail micro plug? or how do you connect the inspire to the comp?

On the Inspire 1 ??

Dji assistant is used to change settings on I2, Mavic and all after P4. For changing the settings on I1 you'll have to extract, edit, recompile and reinstall the firmware you want to mod.
All details can be found free on the net.

I don't have my i1 anymore, and I don't want to break my warranty with my i2. Plus, I have no need for the type of work I do to go outside of what is already available.

seems to be he offered some insight
Insight on something he didn't tried and the information posted is related to a different type of drone and thread.
How you guys understand the next sentence? "I'm looking for some feedback from people that have tried that stuff."

I1 cannot be modded with dji assistant and what Ringolong is saying is actually not true and serves more like disinformation for the people who read the forum. Also the WAY of modding is OFF topic for this thread, as I all ready stated in the first post. the question is for people who already have modded their I1. If you are not one of them then just read and don't post!

Will remind again this thread is for Inspire 1! Anything related to Mavic, Inspire 2 and DJI Assistant is not relevant to my question.

Last edited:
the inspire 1 drone has same android software like all phantom 3 series, they all run kitkat if im correct, none of the mods for phantom 4 and mavic pro and spark and inspire 2 have a different version and none will work on inspire 1, flyflydrones are good guys, my I1 is free of any restrictions, and they can help you over the phone or send you file, and i think its 99 bucks, half the price of a battery, and yes speeds like I2, no atti no nfz, up speed down speed RTH speed you can tell them how you want it and it will be customized the way you need your drone to fly, i got 2 vids, 1 on if you can figure how to do it yourself, and 2nd test flight after flyflydrones, i just got it set up, so boring flight, but waiting for good weather for al out test,

BUT to answer all your ?????? the DJI Inspire 1 can only be upgraded or downgraded wit the cameras SD card.....

Reactions: Deadpool
if you what to try to hack your own Inspire 1, go buy this video, but you have to find the correct Inspire 1 FW and rewrite what you want, but if your not tech savy, let fly fly do it.....

flyfly not stealing your money, this is steve showing you how to do it, all his tutorials are great,
BUT WARNING, if you dont think you can do it.................................DONT, you will Brick your drone.....

once you created your file, follw the vintage video with the x3 of new vid with x5 on hoh to upgrade your drone,Inspire 1 Tutorials - Upgrading Firmware on the Inspire 1,,,,, and yes it will do the same thing
Inspire 1 - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO - DJI
Did you read the OP question?

I'm not asking about HOW to mod the firmware. I asked only people who have their inspire modded for speed and have first hand experience to write here.

What is your experience flying modded for speed inspire, which FW version and camera, what settings where used and maximum speed you've got with the mod?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions