Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Modified Android Pilot App with 5000M Max Altitude

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I posted this first in the "General" section before I noticed there was a section just for the Pilot App. I used Android Studio to modify the range limit to 5000M. I don't have my Inspire 1 to test with yet (hopefully friday I will!), but feel free to test it out, the only thing modified was a "0" added to the max_altitude rule.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-BWTO1L-4kUbkc4ZUVHZWFZcTg/view?usp=sharing

Much Range, Very Altitude - Dogemaster

Hey guys,

I posted this first in the "General" section before I noticed there was a section just for the Pilot App. I used Android Studio to modify the range limit to 5000M. I don't have my Inspire 1 to test with yet (hopefully friday I will!), but feel free to test it out, the only thing modified was a "0" added to the max_altitude rule.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-BWTO1L-4kUbkc4ZUVHZWFZcTg/view?usp=sharing

Much Range, Very Altitude - Dogemaster
You have the skills to do that on IOS???

Reactions: Bahamasky
Yeah I noticed the same thing Kilrah, I haven't looked into this for a few weeks but I just need to find the location within the apk where the altitude value is checking/verifying the limit in another location which has been difficult to find. I'm sure once i find that i could duplicate it in the iOS app, it's just not been on my priority list lately but i'll get back to it as soon as i can

The second verification is certainly being done in the flight controller firmware, so nothing that can be done.

Reactions: Dogemaster
Dogemaster, Did you ever find a way to get the max height to stick? I've been looking for a solution to bypass the 500m height limit built-into the app (maybe the firmware of the drone, too?). Your post is the most promising thing I've found to date and would like to hear if you ever successfully bypassed this.

Thanks.

Dogemaster, Did you ever find a way to get the max height to stick? I've been looking for a solution to bypass the 500m height limit built-into the app (maybe the firmware of the drone, too?). Your post is the most promising thing I've found to date and would like to hear if you ever successfully bypassed this.

Thanks.
fly to max height, press RTH and then fly higher. heard that glitch works, never tried it personally though. Its possibly fixed in newer firmware/app versions.

I really hope you're wrong.
Until now I always felt confident that any drone getting caught flying at 3000m could never be an Inspire1.

My view on this is that we, on the forum, should NEVER give people any advise to help them break the law. And ultimately ruin our business or passion. You know whats going to happen if people (first time hobbyists) find the way to circumvent the height or no fly zone restrictions. If an I1 is flown into the prop of a small aircraft of jet engine of a small business jet it is likely to cause a crash or at least an emergency landing.
This is not a plastic toy. It's like a carbon reinforced goose.

Please people, let's be safe, specially on this wonderful forum.
Or am I wrong in saying this? Don't think so.

I had my share of dare devilling with smaller quads, but never went higher than 500m being fully aware of the risk I would pose (and already did) to other aircraft. But I stopped being first time hobbyist since I was 14 and have flown RC ever since. Maybe that's the thing.

Reactions: gal shinhorn
Until now I always felt confident that any drone getting caught flying at 3000m could never be an Inspire1.

My view on this is that we, on the forum, should NEVER give people any advise to help them break the law. And ultimately ruin our business or passion. You know whats going to happen if people (first time hobbyists) find the way to circumvent the height or no fly zone restrictions. If an I1 is flown into the prop of a small aircraft of jet engine of a small business jet it is likely to cause a crash or at least an emergency landing.

I had my share of dare devilling with smaller quads, but never went higher than 500m being fully aware of the risk I would pose (and already did) to other aircraft. But I stopped being first time hobbyist since I was 14 and have flown RC ever since. Maybe that's the thing.
i an 80% the day a drone is caught at 2000m++++ will not be a multi rotor it will be the one with long range planes trying to do cloud surfing (trying and achieving it!)

i an 80% the day a drone is caught at 2000m++++ will not be a multi rotor it will be the one with long range planes trying to do cloud surfing (trying and achieving it!)
If it has a camera and it is operated FPV it is still called a drone, wether it has fixed wings or rotors, doesn't matter. But yr right, those guys fly insanely far and probably way too high as well. With a range of sometimes over 10 km they can become a serious threat in airspace.

Anyway the public throws everything on the same pile and the media always show a phantom or inspire as example, while in fact those are the ones (normally, and lets keep it that way) not capable of invading airspace above 500m, due to the software restrictions.......

If it has a camera and it is operated FPV it is still called a drone, wether it has fixed wings or rotors, doesn't matter. But yr right, those guys fly insanely far and probably way too high as well. With a range of sometimes over 10 km they can become a serious threat in airspace.

Anyway the public throws everything on the same pile and the media always show a phantom or inspire as example, while in fact those are the ones (normally, and lets keep it that way) not capable of invading airspace above 500m, due to the software restrictions.......
they can go way way way beyond 10km, you can see here how a wing can do 100km

It's an older glitch, maybe fixed by now. It's not that difficult to fly that high safely, especially if you're like me who lives 60 miles from the nearest airport in the middle of nowhere with no sure traffic at all. I wouldn't exceed 400ft anywhere near a city.

Perhaps you're right about not sharing it, too many people without common sense out there. It's not hard info to find though and custom built drones do not have this restriction anyway. I just figured anyone that can afford a 3000 toy would be smart enough not to do it near air traffic. The odds of a collision with a plane are pretty small

By any chance have you found a way around NFZ? I ask because I live beside a stadium and am grounded even though I just want to fly over an empty beach!
Thanks in advance and to the naysayers no I do not plan on breaking laws. I am ten feet inside the NFZ and the gobapp says it's unlocked but then does not work and yes I am connected to the internet.

Found the answer to my living in an orange NFZ which will not unlock. Easier than I thought. Fit if you will not fly illegally only.
I am 10 foot inside a NFZ which is for a stadium and I just want to be able to fly out to the beach in front of me from home. I do not intend to fly illegally in any way.
Won't share for fear of being told I'm encouraging bad behaviour.
Google NFZ mod if you want. [emoji482]

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth