Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

More Flight Over Ice

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Another Day over the ice in Wisconsin. Batts were stable with a little due care... Just wished the inspire had the speed it did when I bought it.

Wow, we've had a pretty good day with some amazing shots and video and this one is really cool. It doesn't look like it was very windy or those yachts would have been moving much faster.

Brian

Reactions: jon b
Wow, we've had a pretty good day with some amazing shots and video and this one is really cool. It doesn't look like it was very windy or those yachts would have been moving much faster.

Brian
Yep. just 10knts on average. Some boats clocked in the upper 50s but theres no way the Inspire would keep up with that now they've been detuned by firmware upgrades (downgrades). Best speed I got out there was 48knts

Reactions: RaptorMan
Hard to tell for sure but it looked to me that they were reaching speeds over 80mph. Ice looked about as good as it gets for outdoor ice.

Brian

Hard to tell for sure but it looked to me that they were reaching speeds over 80mph. Ice looked about as good as it gets for outdoor ice.

Brian
Nah, I think the fastest boat clocked just a little north of 60 on his GPS... Mostly 50s. Was a great day but we missed the glassy ice... Four days earlier it snowed a 1/2 inch. It's pretty thick so were hoping for warm temps then a re-freeze of the top layer (natures Zamboni)

Nah, I think the fastest boat clocked just a little north of 60 on his GPS... Mostly 50s. Was a great day but we missed the glassy ice... Four days earlier it snowed a 1/2 inch. It's pretty thick so were hoping for warm temps then a re-freeze of the top layer (natures Zamboni)

Yeah, sometimes the perspective of a small camera can make things look a lot faster than it is. OTH, ice boats can top out over 100mph as I understand it if the conditions are right. How much do those boats cost fully rigged?

There's a very similar yacht that's used on dry lake beds that uses wheels instead of blades and they too can hit speeds in the triple digits.

Brian

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide