Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

More M600 connection issues...new video...new development...Bad LB2????

Hi, I use the Goapp and Map Pilot all the time and fly out a large area with a M100 and always with a near 100% connection, I think your right in saying it could be your controller or it could be on the other end to. A couple of years ago I built a s900 with a e1200 upgrade and A3pro, and exactly the same thing was happening to me, this thing didnt have a rth function just came back after loss of connection. Igot so fed up with that I decided to dismantle the thing and soon found the problem, it was one of the antena extension cables that push into the LB2 that had shaved on the pinch point almost cut in half, when the legs raise and lower. I had no idea and completely out of sight, replaced and fixed. sometimes the problem is staring you in the face,

Is your flight location one that you know to be good and without any significant interference? Checking the antenna extensions like mentioned above is a good idea too. These aircraft are designed for much longer distance capability. We used to do M600 range testing on new systems out to a mile.

Is your flight location one that you know to be good and without any significant interference?

The short answer is that I have flown my P4P there with 100% signal. Ironically, I have ALSO flown the M600 there with 100% signal...ONE time. Strange.

Media removed by moderator - video has already been posted in this thread. No need to post it again

Checking the antenna extensions like mentioned above is a good idea too.

I plan on doing this today.

These aircraft are designed for much longer distance capability. We used to do M600 range testing on new systems out to a mile.

Yep....we don't plan on flying that far out, but I certainly want 100% signal whenever possible.

D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I use the Goapp and Map Pilot all the time and fly out a large area with a M100 and always with a near 100% connection, I think your right in saying it could be your controller or it could be on the other end to. A couple of years ago I built a s900 with a e1200 upgrade and A3pro, and exactly the same thing was happening to me, this thing didnt have a rth function just came back after loss of connection. Igot so fed up with that I decided to dismantle the thing and soon found the problem, it was one of the antena extension cables that push into the LB2 that had shaved on the pinch point almost cut in half, when the legs raise and lower. I had no idea and completely out of sight, replaced and fixed. sometimes the problem is staring you in the face,

Thanx for your input. Per your suggestion, my business partner and I scrutinized both antenna cables from end to end. I could only find one minor issue of the shrink wrap slightly torn, but the tear did not penetrate the wire insulation. That said, we didn't *remove* the antennas and cables. That said....

We've been in dialog with the Phoenix LIDAR and they are sending a LB2 unit that they pulled off of one of their working M600's. I have a very strong feeling that the LB2 unit is the culprit. This, based on your experience and the experience of fellow droner Jon McBride of RMUS out of Utah:

I guess we will see. I will post results here.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont