Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motion tracking outline for real estate videos

Reaction score
Hey, can anyone guide me in the right direction, pertaining to the videos in the link below. I use fcpx to edit and live to find a plugin to outline the properties :

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Ty

Hey, can anyone guide me in the right direction, pertaining to the videos in the link below. I use fcpx to edit and live to find a plugin to outline the properties :

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Ty

I do this a lot in my videos. You really need a pretty high end PC to be able to do this just due to the nature of the process. I use Premiere and After Effects and there are plenty of tutorials online for those that may can get you started in FCPX

Hi Bigdz, I tried CoreMelt a while ago but it just killed my computer (1999 Mac Pro (intel) 12 GB ram). CoreMelt did analyse my computer with a clever script but could not identify the problem. I find it unusable on my computer. Could I ask what computer and configuration your using please?

Last edited:
Hi Bigdz, I tried CoreMelt a while ago but it just killed my computer (1999 Mac Pro (intel) 12 GB ram). CoreMelt did analyse my computer with a clever script but could not identify the problem. I find it unusable on my computer. Could I ask what computer and configuration your using please?

I was curious about the OP's post, I had a few jobs this summer where this plug-in would've spiced-up the video I was shooting. So.. I searched the internet and found the video I posted(not my video). I'm trying out the 15 day trial, it seems to be working on my MacBook Pro mid 2015 2.2ghz, intel core 7/16gb, intel iris pro graphic card, running macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

The coremelt works to track nicely.... but my problem is , I don’t know how to draw the line outlines, as the camera tracking passes by.... the coremelt only allows you to draw the outline from the beginning.... it won’t allow you animate/ draw the line as you track by

Whow pretty awesome Steve. How did u get the 3D CAD image of the building & track it exactly in sync with yr drone video?

Thanks. A lot of hair pulling and experimentation (and a half way decent PC). After Effect has a really powerful, somewhat hidden, feature/plugin called Cinema 4d (lite) that allows you to do 3d stuff similar to 3ds Max or other 3d modeling tools. You can import certain 3d files into it.

Using it together with Camera Tracking is a really frustrating thing to learn, but once you have it figured out and if the Architect is willing to supply you with a good model along with the materials, it works really well.

Essentially when you track you're footage, you save that off as a Cinema 4d file (from inside After Effects), then re-import that C4d file back into the project, then 'Edit Original'. C4d opens and includes the camera track.

Then you import your Architectural model, spend about 4 hours tweaking the materials and lighting and position relative to the camera. When you go back to After Effects, the movement matches perfectly (if you've done it right and are meticulous).

I can do it all now in under an hour. But it takes some googling and you tubing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth