Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mount for streamlights

Reaction score
So I've been interested in search and rescue applications for the Inspire. The mounts for lights I've found have been lacking. If I'm going to put $300 worth of lights on my bird, I don't want them attached by velcro or dual lock, no matter how strong they claim to be. And I don't want them hanging off the end, I'd like them closer to the CG.

So I noticed a place on the frame that would make a good mounting spot and made this mount out of some aluminium bar and rail sections I had in my workshop. I'm still waiting for two streamlights (one TLR-1 HL and one TLR-1 HPL) to see how the inspire will handle the weight.

Thoughts?
IMG_7585.JPG IMG_7582.JPG IMG_7580.JPG IMG_7577.JPG IMG_7576.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Raphael Dahan
So I've been interested in search and rescue applications for the Inspire. The mounts for lights I've found have been lacking. If I'm going to put $300 worth of lights on my bird, I don't want them attached by velcro or dual lock, no matter how strong they claim to be. And I don't want them hanging off the end, I'd like them closer to the CG.

So I noticed a place on the frame that would make a good mounting spot and made this mount out of some aluminium bar and rail sections I had in my workshop. I'm still waiting for two streamlights (one TLR-1 HL and one TLR-1 HPL) to see how the inspire will handle the weight.

Thoughts?
View attachment 7480 View attachment 7481 View attachment 7482 View attachment 7483 View attachment 7484

i got this guy to print these for me - angles 2 spots at 6 degrees apart, set away from optical flow sensors. I use 2 x thrunite TN12 1050 lumens and they are amazing

Inspire 1 Dual Searchlight mount - GoPro mount sys by eliotg on Shapeways

Looks like that same guy makes something similar.

Dual headlight for Inspire 1 by eliotg on Shapeways

What I do like about my design is that the rails can be set at independent angles. The TLR HPL throws light really far, the HL has a wider throw. Point the HPL forward and point the HL down and you can cover a lot of area with light.

I wonder if I couldn't rig something up with pressure switches so the lights turn on with the landing gear raises....

Last edited:
Reactions: Phatzo
Too sad I'm not allowed to fly in the dark here.
I like it

lucky me no restriction yet here... hope polititians will need more time... hard to find SAR people here... or i am just not good enough to find the right authoraties...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Careful though, ad says "2 LIGHTWEIGHT military grade lights and mounting plate"

you won't be getting streamlights and there's no mention of what the torches are...

Do you really think that two flashlights will provide enough light from any reasonable altitude to assist with S&R?

I use a nitecore p12 for my inspections works great, 1000 lumens. 5.0 oz. 232 m beam distance, 1 hr. 15 min at high setting.
Two of these lights with a bracket should be excellent.
When my Inspire 1 Pro arrives this week, I will mount it take photos.

Another alternative by Nitecore, offering USB recharge port along with an AC adapter I believe.
4" length, weighs 3.08oz. Puts out 1000 Lumens.
Not sure who is providing the best price on this model tho.
MH20 | Nitecore[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont