Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

MToW changed in specs

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just recently I noticed that DJI had changed the maximum takeoff weight of the Inspire 2!
They now declare on their site a MToW of 4.2 kg, whereas my manual says 4.00 kg.
Given the rules over here, that would have enormous consequences considering the license needed to fly it.

Has anyone else seen this? And what would be the reason? To accomodate for the Zenmuse 7 perhaps?

Regards,

Last edited:
Looking at the X5S vs the X7 specs, the x7 will likely weigh in at around 200g more (inc lens) than the X5S (with DJI 15mm lens). So the uplift in MTOM is likely to be to accommodate the increased weight of the x7.

I wish Dji would publish a change log for the manual... would make life easier for us, the manual is such a mess of useful and useless info o_O

Fwiw,

I2 is listed as 3440g

the X5S is around 460g with kit lens, so laden weight is 3900g allowing 100g spare using the old mtom.

the x7 is 449g exc lenses, and the x7 lenses average about 180g each, making laden weight around 4069g. So they've Left and additional margin of around 180g with the updated mtom.

Catch handles add around 75g, and prop guards add around 80g, so a fully loaded I2 with x7, handles and prop guards would come in around 4224g.

To be honest, I think their stated mtom is still pretty conservative

I forgot to mention that flying the machine privately in most EU countries will be totally off limits, due to the increased MToW > 4 kg!
Only flying under full licence and complete operational manual would be legal.
This is so crazy! [emoji33]

And the manual is updated to version April 28th 2018.
But that version lists the model T650 (so no 'A') but with the increased MToW of 4.25 kg!
But their own model comparison in the webshop lists a MToW of still 4.00 kg. Compare the Inspire Series - DJI

What a mess and how very annoying as the operational possibilities are now suddenly and unexpectedly very limited...
Especially since I find myself with the T650A version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44