Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Multi charger??

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a charger that will charge concurrently all bats like the FSLabs charger for the Mavic? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phil DeVore
Does anyone know of a charger that will charge concurrently all bats like the FSLabs charger for the Mavic? Thanks
Yes, if you go to eBay and search for the parallel multiple charger for the Inspire 2 you’ll find it. If you’re looking for one for the Inspire 2? It’s called the Yx parallel multiple charger and it is $69.96. I have used them for quite awhile and they charge much faster than the OEM charger from DJI. The only thing is DON’T charge more than 3 batteries at a time!!! Or you’re going to burn it out. It’ll charge your TB50 batteries in less than one hour?

My Yx parallel charger for the TB50s arrived today:

12d8ca5ad244afdf06a2a52842e76337.jpg

Of course the instructions are in ‘Chinglish’...and if I read this correctly I should use it without thinking LOL:
e3c4891b562c8194cb1381e3f46f99af.jpg

e6bf3569eba9ab72ab6de683e1d02be6.jpg

———————————-
Question for Phil... you actually burned it out trying to charge 4 batteries at once?

Last edited:
My Yx parallel charger for the TB50s arrived today:

12d8ca5ad244afdf06a2a52842e76337.jpg

Of course the instructions are in ‘Chinglish’...and if I read this correctly I should use it without thinking LOL:
e3c4891b562c8194cb1381e3f46f99af.jpg

e6bf3569eba9ab72ab6de683e1d02be6.jpg

———————————-
Question for Phil... you actually burned it out trying to charge 4 batteries at once?
Yes. I have a friend who has 2 of the same chargers and he is an electrician and he said the thermistor (whatever that is?) can’t handle charging 4 batteries at once. I bought another one and I am not going to charge more than 3 at once. Not even going to charge my crystal sky batteries at the same time either. But it’s still a faster way to charge the batteries than the stock DJI charger.
I sent him the one that I burned out and he’s going to try and fix it. He burned his out and that was the problem and he fixed his. I hope he can fix it.
So that’s my answer to your question. My advice to you is don’t charge more than 3 at one time.
A quick footnote: I had been charging 4 TB50 batteries and my crystal sky batteries at the same time for over “6 months” before it finally burned out and quit working so I thought I’d let you know that you can charge more than 3 batteries at once BUT you are taking a chance of the Yx charger burning out if you do. Hey they’re cheap!! lol

Last edited:
Yes. I have a friend who has 2 of the same chargers and he is an electrician and he said the thermistor (whatever that is?) ...

I just had mine opened and can confirm that it's the thermistor (RT1 on the circuit board) that's been burnt out. (Se picture) Unfortunately it's been so badly burnt that it's impossible to get any clues on the ratings in order to get a replacement. Is there a chance your friend the electrician could supply some specs?
IMG_2020.JPGIMG_2021.JPG

I honestly really don't understand the purpose of a thermistor in this position. It's directly connected to one of the mains wires, which means it handles 230 V AC. Can't se where it's connected in the other end though, but perhaps it's because of the heat. Notice the strange hole close to the "out" pin of the thermistor. Edit: I understand after reading this explanation: PTC Thermistors For Inrush Current Limiting | Ametherm

I can also confirm that this charger has the same fatal ground issue as the Mavic version. The ground pin from the mains socket is correctly connected to the front plate, as seen in the picture. However the front plate and the rest of the chassis don't make contact because of the thick paint, which means the blue part of the charger is not grounded. My approach will be to use a rasp to remove the paint where the front plate and the blue chassis meet.

Last edited:
OK, so I've got some news. I had the seller send me a new charger in replacement for the one that fried its thermistor. Just had it opened and the interesting thing is that the location of the inrush limiter thermistor is different on this one. I thought these super cheap China electronics were only manufactured once in a super batch with no possibility to correct flaws that customers discovered along the way. But perhaps I was wrong.

The great thing with getting this new unit is that I could easily look up the ratings for the inrush current limiter thermistor. It's marked "1.5D-15" which means that it produces a resistance of 1,5 Ohms @ 25 °C and has a diameter of 15 mm. Checked the remaining properties, which show that it should be able to handle 8 Amps continuous @ 25 °C.

Skärmavbild 2019-01-23 kl. 11.24.33.png

The million dollar question is of course: did the manufacturer put in a more potent thermistor in this this second version of the charger that I got, or will it soon be fried like the old one?

Anyway, this gives us some good aim while choosing a replacement thermistor. It should produce a nominal resistance around 1,5 Ohms and be able to handle at least 8 Amps. You’ll find them in any well-stocked electronics part-shop. I would step up and put in a stronger one that handles up to 12 Amps while I’m at it.

It’s really easy to locate the thermistor. Just disassemble the casing and follow the to wires from the mains connector. One of them meets the thermistor directly at the circuit board. The thermistor has a piece of shrink tube around itself. Good luck!

OK, so I've got some news. I had the seller send me a new charger in replacement for the one that fried its thermistor. Just had it opened and the interesting thing is that the location of the inrush limiter thermistor is different on this one. I thought these super cheap China electronics were only manufactured once in a super batch with no possibility to correct flaws that customers discovered along the way. But perhaps I was wrong.

The great thing with getting this new unit is that I could easily look up the ratings for the inrush current limiter thermistor. It's marked "1.5D-15" which means that it produces a resistance of 1,5 Ohms @ 25 °C and has a diameter of 15 mm. Checked the remaining properties, which show that it should be able to handle 8 Amps continuous @ 25 °C.

View attachment 24048

The million dollar question is of course: did the manufacturer put in a more potent thermistor in this this second version of the charger that I got, or will it soon be fried like the old one?

Anyway, this gives us some good aim while choosing a replacement thermistor. It should produce a nominal resistance around 1,5 Ohms and be able to handle at least 8 Amps. You’ll find them in any well-stocked electronics part-shop. I would step up and put in a stronger one that handles up to 12 Amps while I’m at it.

It’s really easy to locate the thermistor. Just disassemble the casing and follow the to wires from the mains connector. One of them meets the thermistor directly at the circuit board. The thermistor has a piece of shrink tube around itself. Good luck!
Did you ever figure out if they fixed this or are selling the same junk that burns out. Mine finally ate it.

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. You’ve already replaced it with the same one that my friend did on mine that will handle 12 amps without any issues.
Since then I haven’t had any problems with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont