Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Multiple UAV Liability Insurance Question

Reaction score
Website
www.golfpixels.com
I have liability insurance for a phantom 3 pro and adding an Inspire 1 Pro.

I was told by my sales rep that I needed another policy. I do not have the bird insured. Seems dumb since I can only fly one at a time.

Anyone have multiple UAV and have multiple coverage. (I am only talking about liability insurance for injuries and property damage)

I have liability insurance for a phantom 3 pro and adding an Inspire 1 Pro.

I was told by my sales rep that I needed another policy. I do not have the bird insured. Seems dumb since I can only fly one at a time.

Anyone have multiple UAV and have multiple coverage. (I am only talking about liability insurance for injuries and property damage)
No - your rep is talking out of his rear. He is trying to sell you another policy because he will get commission on each policy sold.
Another aircraft can just be added to the schedule.

My policy here in the USA is the same. I wanted to buy insurance for both quads as well but I need to list each one separately and pay for both. There was also no discount for the second one.
This comes from a reputable company that I also do business with for my full size aircraft aviation insurance.

My policy here in the USA is the same. I wanted to buy insurance for both quads as well but I need to list each one separately and pay for both. There was also no discount for the second one.
This comes from a reputable company that I also do business with for my full size aircraft aviation insurance.
Hey Mazz..... Sorry, I should have mentioned - you will list the aircraft separately, and pay additional premium but any reputable insurer will add additional hull cover or liability cover to the same policy.
I think it's the parasitic brokers/reps that are the problem since they will earn higher rates of commission on number of policies sold rather than endorsements and AP's paid.

The Editor is correct, we have several platforms on our policy , from our Aerigon to our Inspires, each unit is identified separately as are the payloads we fly. there is a cost associated to all of them as is expected. We use Highlands Aviation www.highlandinsagcy.com and they are very accommodating, honest, and know the business.

the fine print in the AMA policy boils down to covering nothing in the commercial game.............. to save some money we do not cover hull on our lower cost units, just liability. If we are flying our Aerigon or Alta's with payloads that can cost upwards of 75K, we have full coverage. in the big scheme of things, insurance is a non-event, we pass along the expense to our clients and is baked into our hourly rate.

I was not thinking this was for commercial insurance when I posted.

Is there a list of prices or a place to get a quote?

Hello,

Your aviation insurance broker should be able to add any newly purchased UAV to your existing policy. There is no reason for them not to be able to do this for you. I am an aviation insurance broker and I add newly aquired UAVs to existing policies quite often. It is very exciting and encouraging that my commerical UAV clients are adding new aircraft to their policies. It is a great time to be alive!

If anybody is interested in a commercial UAV quote, or just more information, please contact me at the below email address. I work for a small aviation specific insurance agency and we treat all of our customers as if they are the only clients we have. You do not get that type of service with some of the bigger aviation insurance agencies.

[email protected]

Sincerely,

Joe Ernster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide