Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Music

Reaction score
Website
www.pageforestry.co.uk
Hi,

I've started filming and creating videos for clients. I've added a bit of music in the background of one, and my wife has pointed out that I could be infringing copyright (It was Puccini - so I don't think it'll impact on him personally).

I'm sure I'm not the first to do this. What's the procedure for making sure I'm not breaking the law?

Cheers

Mark

If you're working for clients you really want to ensure your music does not have any form of copyright... You could really get your client in some hot water.

For your own stuff posted on YouTube it's not as big of a deal... Most of the time YouTube will just play an ad at the beginning of your video.

There's multiple websites out there that allow you to purchase music and use without issues with copyrights.... I use audiojungle a lot. Music normally runs about $15-25 and I just add the expense when purchasing a new song to the client. Once you build up a decent stock you're golden!

Also, I have worked with local artists! This is great because they want to get their music out there and I don't feel like forking over extra $$$$$ for royalty free music. I don't know how many albums of local music I have for backtracks..... Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Reactions: kcobello
I have found a website that can help in some situations and depending on your requirements, might be useful to some. Jukedeck offers free unique generated music for small businesses and individuals ( 5 tracks a month ).
You don't have much control of what you end up with and the quality is questionable, but not bad for music with a free royalty free licence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44