Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My 1st crash 5++ flight Due My Careless..

Reaction score
i was on a mission in a jungle... and flyover the river not really salty water ... i was too concentrating on inspecting the tower... then i hit a farking brances and fall in to the river...

so... i quickly goes to find my drone it took me 3 min to recover my drone... non item was damage ... only broken props ... and the gimbal took me another 2 min to find.... lucky everything i find every bit of it ... so i instantly remove my battery... which is still powered on ( i think the battery are die already) it was my darn new TB48 .. what a bad day... so i bring it back and rise with clean water... open every part of it ... and clean it with fresh water... and also i spray Water Nano Protech Liquid electrical insulations... and i pour 6 bag of BIG rice !!! and let the esc , compass , light bright system , i mu basicly everything are OPENeD... i put in... i hope miracle will happen... after 24 hours :(....

i love my inspire so much... My inspire NEVER fail me a mission ~~ but I fall my self... :(

anyone been this before or any advice ?

thanks for the reply... i just dry off my battery it works... but the camera duh... not working... and my inspire still inside the rice for couple of days.... i use my another i1v2 from my friends for continue my job

I crashed a phantom II into a stream a few years ago - just like you. I took it home, took it apart and dried everything manually and then poured isopropyl alcohol all over everything including the circuit boards. The alcohol displaces water then evaporates. I then placed the open P2 over a floor register (it was winter , so warm air was blowing out). I left it there for a day and a half then tried it. The battery and the GoPro were dead but, with another battery, the P2 worked fine. Never had an issue with it after that. I hope your I1 is as robust as my P2 was.

my i1 !!! alive !!!! I bring back wash with clean water, and waterpoofting using nano protect spray .. yesterday i let it final dry inside let it sit below my aircorn.. today i put everything and install everything... and guess what it REALLY WORKS !!! just like new...
i so happy today... only problem is my x3 gimbal is not functioning ... duh... n my TB48 battery are working again... and flawlessly...

thanks GOD !!!

and u guys :D

Don't use your battery that fell into the water...not worth the risk!!! It could all of a sudden buldge or lose power and your inspire 1 will crash.

yea... dem the battery only have 3 times charges only... okay... thanks for your advice.. i try it for the 5th time seems ok... but i may not use it .. just leave it there....

I feel your pain i crashed my first inspire the same week i got it i was too cocky flying around a big statue and took my eyes off the screen for a sec to see how high i was and hit the statue with a prop... I had experience flying my P3P but its a different bird and i paid the price showing off lol And yes that was before follow mode and Orbital... Cost me 900$ for labor and parts but its like new today i even got a backup one in case i crash one. Moral of the story not only noobs can crash.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
yeap... it happen all of us no pain no gain.... we all learn in the hard way lol... i fly acrobatic heli , plane , warbird , scale mostly everything... but it still happen while sometimes... it happen to me when i too focus on the task for inspections... i don't relize there is a darn tree and long brances hit my props... and the stories begin above haha.. i was thinking of installing rear camera

I feel your pain i crashed my first inspire the same week i got it i was too cocky flying around a big statue and took my eyes off the screen for a sec to see how high i was and hit the statue with a prop... I had experience flying my P3P but its a different bird and i paid the price showing off lol And yes that was before follow mode and Orbital... Cost me 900$ for labor and parts but its like new today i even got a backup one in case i crash one. Moral of the story not only noobs can crash.
ouch... bro.. ur pain is a lot PAINNN than mine... sorry for the lost... mine one already flying after i open everything and clean it n dry..

Keep the soaked Batt for nofly testing & SW updating. [keep monitoring the batt]
For drying , heat cycling helps too : ambiant 15˚--- 40˚C

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb