Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My DJI CS Experience

Reaction score
Since buying any DJI product this was my first contact with DJI Customer service. I chose to use the online chat option since the US telephone number is on the west coast and I usually get my day started earlier than when the shop opens out there.

Even though the chat option was available the chat operator said; " We're in Europe so you'll have to try back later when US operators come online." My first impression was like, oh boy - here we go with the ******** but I chilled out and waited until 11am EST and when I tried again, I was the first person in the queue.

(Note: there have never been more than 3 people ahead of me in the queue and I've never waited more than 10mins.)

Now on to why I was requesting service. After the latest (successful) update - I had a TB48 brick on me. It was strange to me because I flew with the pack AFTER the update but when I got home to charge it, it wouldn't charge or turn on. I tried all the resetting techniques; unplug the board for an hour, unplug the board for 24hrs, alligator clip jump start, plugging the battery up with the board disconnected. Nothing worked.

Chatted with DJI CS and told them what happened. They asked for the serial number and video (via dropbox) of the battery not turning on or charging. After I provided the requested info, they simply said, "Okay, we'll send you another battery".

I was almost in disbelief at how simple the entire situation was but wait; I was approved to have my battery replaced but when will it ship? This is where my frustration began to set in because no one seemed to know. After 2 days, I would contact DJI again to find out about shipping - the story was always it's been approved and we're waiting for the next person in the chain to approve the shipping.

Each day I would check the ticket status and nothing was updated. I would communicate with DJI via chat and they didn't know anything. This went on for 18 days until yesterday when I contacted DJI via chat again wanting to know what was going on when I was told it was shipped last Thursday. They gave me a tracking number yesterday via chat but never updated the ticket. The battery is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

On a scale of 1-10, my opinion of the service I received this time is probably around a 6. Initially I would have rated the experience a lot higher but the lack of information after the initial diagnosis and agreement to replace the battery combined with the time it took to actually ship the replacement really dragged down the experience.

Since buying any DJI product this was my first contact with DJI Customer service. I chose to use the online chat option since the US telephone number is on the west coast and I usually get my day started earlier than when the shop opens out there.

Even though the chat option was available the chat operator said; " We're in Europe so you'll have to try back later when US operators come online." My first impression was like, oh boy - here we go with the ******** but I chilled out and waited until 11am EST and when I tried again, I was the first person in the queue.

(Note: there have never been more than 3 people ahead of me in the queue and I've never waited more than 10mins.)

Now on to why I was requesting service. After the latest (successful) update - I had a TB48 brick on me. It was strange to me because I flew with the pack AFTER the update but when I got home to charge it, it wouldn't charge or turn on. I tried all the resetting techniques; unplug the board for an hour, unplug the board for 24hrs, alligator clip jump start, plugging the battery up with the board disconnected. Nothing worked.

Chatted with DJI CS and told them what happened. They asked for the serial number and video (via dropbox) of the battery not turning on or charging. After I provided the requested info, they simply said, "Okay, we'll send you another battery".

I was almost in disbelief at how simple the entire situation was but wait; I was approved to have my battery replaced but when will it ship? This is where my frustration began to set in because no one seemed to know. After 2 days, I would contact DJI again to find out about shipping - the story was always it's been approved and we're waiting for the next person in the chain to approve the shipping.

Each day I would check the ticket status and nothing was updated. I would communicate with DJI via chat and they didn't know anything. This went on for 18 days until yesterday when I contacted DJI via chat again wanting to know what was going on when I was told it was shipped last Thursday. They gave me a tracking number yesterday via chat but never updated the ticket. The battery is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

On a scale of 1-10, my opinion of the service I received this time is probably around a 6. Initially I would have rated the experience a lot higher but the lack of information after the initial diagnosis and agreement to replace the battery combined with the time it took to actually ship the replacement really dragged down the experience.
A brand new replacement TB48 that's Awesome.
Come on @DodgeP give em 9+! A six...
Just about 3 weeks is about exciting as it gets:cool:
And then for DJI to come thru is definitely a happy ending:p

That's what' up. I was supposed to meet up with @GuyNamedLindsey this past weekend but the heat is unbearable lately.
Let me know your hours on Wed its almost like i know most you guys already.

3 weeks doesn't seem too bad. I ordered my inspire on June 24th and it came with a bricked battery. After the back and forth with their technical support, I sent the battery back to dji and awaiting a replacement. Been advised that it'll be 1-2 weeks for them to review once they receive the bricked battery so I will likely get it back sometime around August 12th-19th. So 2 months from original purchase before I have a working system in my hand. In the meantime, I ordered a spare battery from a local supplier so I can get some flying in this summer. All of that said, it's not so much the DJI side of things that's causing a delay, moreso the the shipping times. Glad to hear you avoided one leg of the shipping triangle by them not requiring you to send the TB48 back first.

Did you guys originally order your drones from their store??? Or an independent retailer???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez