Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My First Inspire 1 Video

Reaction score
Hey all!

I purchased my Inspire 1 a couple months ago, and have been absolutely infatuated with flying it. I have many years experience flying single rotor heli's, as well as nitro and electric RC trucks, boats, etc. However, I have never been so impressed with an aircraft, as I am with the Inspire! I originally wanted to get into videography as a hobby, and to make excellent quality home movies...but I've become increasingly interested in doing it in the commercial space. I'm also working on learning Adobe Premiere for editing...and here is my first finished product. This is our home complex, and surrounding areas. Make sure to open and watch in 1080p or higher! Let me know what you think, I'm all for *constructive* criticism.
(Note: I had permission from the complex to do the flying and filming. I also filmed this prior to learning that it's not the best idea to fly over roads. I now understand the risks associated.)

Last edited:
Reactions: jixxer
Happy to be the first to comment. I will not say anything on the legality or safety issues of flying over houses and roads, especially with plenty of fast moving traffic. Overall the video is far too long for the content covered. The initial fly up the road past the houses on the left, is too long and doesn't achieve anything more for being long. I find keeping clips 2 to 3.5 seconds in length is best. Try taking a series of 3 second clips with a 3 to 4 second gap when you do a long fly (preferably straight). The same works for doing a horizontal pan with the I1 stationary. The I1 provides a very stable platform for videography, but this is lost if the video shows numerous quick and jerky gimbal movements. (eg 40 to 47 seconds). Changing the speed of a clip in the timeline can provide an interesting effect, but needs to be used with caution, especially when there is something that moves in the frame giving away the speed change (eg 1.55 to 2.00 with the car "accelerating" way to quickly). It just doesn't look right. Finally, and this is very much a personal preference as everyone has a different view, but I find abrupt transitions ruin the smooth and steady way the I1 moves in flight. I have a preference for fading these transitions. While I do not claim to be an expert, I have posted a video that demonstrates these ideas.
Safe Flying.

I don't think you should be flying over roads where there are moving cars. I could care less about property since that can all be replaced, but you cannot replace some one that could be killed by a drone flying through the windshield of a speeding car. What if the battery went dead while you were over the road?

Happy to be the first to comment. I will not say anything on the legality or safety issues of flying over houses and roads, especially with plenty of fast moving traffic. Overall the video is far too long for the content covered. The initial fly up the road past the houses on the left, is too long and doesn't achieve anything more for being long. I find keeping clips 2 to 3.5 seconds in length is best. Try taking a series of 3 second clips with a 3 to 4 second gap when you do a long fly (preferably straight). The same works for doing a horizontal pan with the I1 stationary. The I1 provides a very stable platform for videography, but this is lost if the video shows numerous quick and jerky gimbal movements. (eg 40 to 47 seconds). Changing the speed of a clip in the timeline can provide an interesting effect, but needs to be used with caution, especially when there is something that moves in the frame giving away the speed change (eg 1.55 to 2.00 with the car "accelerating" way to quickly). It just doesn't look right. Finally, and this is very much a personal preference as everyone has a different view, but I find abrupt transitions ruin the smooth and steady way the I1 moves in flight. I have a preference for fading these transitions. While I do not claim to be an expert, I have posted a video that demonstrates these ideas.
Safe Flying.

Nice but watch out for those wonky horizon levels

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207