Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nd filters from x3 to x5

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to ask you guys that any of you find out how to atatch x3 nd filters to x5 lens?
I can't find anything like that on forums so I'm asking directly there.
I've done this by adding some silicon to lens cap and it's holding pretty well but still it's not the most safe way to mounting nd's.
On 15mm lens x3 filters can cover all image, but I can't find proper adapter ring.

Hi,
I want to ask you guys that any of you find out how to atatch x3 nd filters to x5 lens?
I've done this by adding some silicon to lens cap and it's holding pretty well but still it's not the most safe way to mounting nd's.
On 15mm lens x3 filters can cover all image, but I can't find proper adapter ring.

I am not an expert in this subject, but when I think how much bigger the X5 sensor is, compared to X3, will the X3 ND's have sufficient quality for whole imaging circle of X5 sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Hi,
Have changed your thread title as I assume you didn't actually mean 'x3 to x3' :)

Hi,

You have to buy 46mm screw on filters for the X5 15mm lens.

Like SanCap says.... X5s use 46mm filters for most of the lenses. The X3 uses 37mm.
Gluing 37s on with silicone isn't something I would ever do or suggest.

The X3 is different to standard lenses in as much as the mounting thread is external (so the filters have an internal thread). Standard lens filters have an external thread as used on the X5 so I don't think you'll find an adapter that works. I'm surprised that the 37mm filters don't obstruct the edges of your frame.

Neewer X5 filter sets are available at a very reasonable price - you'll find them at Amazon.

Yes that exactly what I'm looking for, I mean external 37mm (x3 probably have 35.8mm) to another externam 46mm mount ring.
Those filters are covering image perfectly and glass used in Polar pro x3 series is exactly the same as x5 filters so details should be fine.
Nobody want to buy my x3 filters so I want to atatch them to my x5.

edit.
Okay I've found 37mm to 46mm male to male adapter ring that should work

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG