Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Necessary to drain and charge batteries after firmware update?

Reaction score
Website
www.professionaldroneservices.co.uk
Hello,

I've just got my Inspire X5, and bought two new TB48s too. Charged them fully for the first time, and updated the firmware on both.

Do I need to discharge them and recharge them fully for good measure?

I've read a lot of horror stories about uncalibrated batteries causing Inspires to drop from the sky, and obviously this is something I want to avoid on a £3800 kit!

Just wondering if others would recommend this, and if it is necessary for safe flight, as I am yet to try the new batteries out.

Thanks for your advice, loving the Inspire X5 so far!

Hello,

I've just got my Inspire X5, and bought two new TB48s too. Charged them fully for the first time, and updated the firmware on both.

Do I need to discharge them and recharge them fully for good measure?

I've read a lot of horror stories about uncalibrated batteries causing Inspires to drop from the sky, and obviously this is something I want to avoid on a £3800 kit!

Just wondering if others would recommend this, and if it is necessary for safe flight, as I am yet to try the new batteries out.

Thanks for your advice, loving the Inspire X5 so far!
Historically I have never calibrated a new battery and I have never had any problems.
Firmware 1.5 fixed the 'sudden drop' syndrome on the voltage of a partially depleted pack and v1.6 further protects against high current demands in cold conditions.
You should be fine to just go fly.
My advice though would be to calibrate around every 15-20 uses (or if the app advises - whichever is sooner) and if an update includes battery firmware then yes, do a calibration then.

Reactions: John Archer
Charged them fully for the first time, and updated the firmware on both.
you say you updated firmware for the batteries, so you should calibrate them by charging them to 100% and then running them empty in one go. Switch off the Smart Go Home function in the Go App and hover the Inspire a few feet above the ground until it lands with full throttle. Charge them again to 100% and you're done.

Reactions: russkn87
Firmware 1.5 fixed the 'sudden drop' syndrome on the voltage of a partially depleted pack and v1.6 further protects against high current demands in cold conditions.
Hello
DJI quotes the normal performance of the Inspire 1 as:
Max Speed 22 m/s (ATTI mode, no wind)
Max Wind Speed Resistance 10 m/s​
Question:
Is there any data (ideally a graph of temperature/performance degradation) to assist planning cold weather flights with wind forecast?

For example if the ambient temperature is 0ºC what would the revised Max Wind Speed Resistance be?

Hello
DJI quotes the normal performance of the Inspire 1 as:
Max Speed 22 m/s (ATTI mode, no wind)
Max Wind Speed Resistance 10 m/s​
Question:
Is there any data (ideally a graph of temperature/performance degradation) to assist planning cold weather flights with wind forecast?

For example if the ambient temperature is 0ºC what would the revised Max Wind Speed Resistance be?

There are other threads discussing this subject. Data has been requested from dji. See
I vote for battery temp on GO top bar | DJI Inspire Forum for one where the data was requested.

you say you updated firmware for the batteries, so you should calibrate them by charging them to 100% and then running them empty in one go. Switch off the Smart Go Home function in the Go App and hover the Inspire a few feet above the ground until it lands with full throttle. Charge them again to 100% and you're done.

Thanks, this was what I was looking for! Will drain and recharge before testing out my new/newly updated batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool