Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NEED HELP! 7th time sent in to DJI to be fixed and almost a year without a functioning Inspire 2...

Reaction score
For context, here's the forum post that this is all about: Caught in a Nightmare Loop

I've uploaded an image of the digital artifact I'm experiencing here.

Long story short, DJI has shown extreme negligence to fix my drone which has resulted in thousands of dollars in lost revenue and who knows how much more in potential revenue. I've been grounded from digital artifact issues that have yet to be resolved, despite 7 repairs. For some reason, DJI just keeps sending me new remote controllers but refuses to replace the drone body (which is the issue here because they sent me a new X5S camera and the issue remained). Has anyone had such an abysmal experience like I have? I have legal support from my corporation and the next step is to sue them for the cost of a new drone and lost revenue. I can't believe they've had such a hard time replacing my drone despite me insisting they do so.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated, this is an awful experience!

Many thanks,
Cam

Attachments

• Karosis DJI_0211 copy.jpg
    Karosis DJI_0211 copy.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 50
For context, here's the forum post that this is all about: Caught in a Nightmare Loop

Long story short, DJI has shown extreme negligence to fix my drone which has resulted in thousands of dollars in lost revenue and who knows how much more in potential revenue. I've been grounded from digital artifact issues that have yet to be resolved, despite 7 repairs. For some reason, DJI just keeps sending me new remote controllers but refuses to replace the drone body (which is the issue here because they sent me a new X5S camera and the issue remained). Has anyone had such an abysmal experience like I have? I have legal support from my corporation and the next step is to sue them for the cost of a new drone and lost revenue. I can't believe they've had such a hard time replacing my drone despite me insisting they do so.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated, this is an awful experience!

Many thanks,
Cam
I am sorry to hear about your terrible experience with DJI customer service. One thing puzzles me though. If you claim to have lost thousands of dollars on lost revenue and more thousands on potential revenue due to mulfunctioning I2, why didn't you simply buy a new I2 body only, to keep yourself in business and earning money and fight DJI alongside? Wouldn't that make more commercial sense than being without a functioning drone for a year?? If I could not supply to my clients for a year I would have lost most of them if not all of them and that would be much bigger loss than a price of a new I2..
Sorry, just a thought of a working pro.

Many thanks,
Cam
Since you are now at the stage of threatening legal action and your dispute is ongoing with DJI, I would remind you of our forum rules.....

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Sorry, I’m not trying to resolve legal matters with DJI here, I’m simply looking for advice and seeing if anyone else has experienced this. As for why I haven’t bought new equipment, this is my side gig and we he have simply not been able to supply high drone shots, but can still do all of our work on the ground. Last year I lost potential $ because I couldn’t shoot things like the New England foliage that would’ve gotten attention on social media platforms and driven people to my website for future business. As for my current clients we had to use my Inspire 1, but it doesn’t produce nearly the quality the Inspire 2 with the X5S does. I hope that answers your question.

Reactions: Juhanet
Sorry, I’m not trying to resolve legal matters with DJI here, I’m simply looking for advice and seeing if anyone else has experienced this. As for why I haven’t bought new equipment, this is my side gig and we he have simply not been able to supply high drone shots, but can still do all of our work on the ground. Last year I lost potential $ because I couldn’t shoot things like the New England foliage that would’ve gotten attention on social media platforms and driven people to my website for future business. As for my current clients we had to use my Inspire 1, but it doesn’t produce nearly the quality the Inspire 2 with the X5S does. I hope that answers your question.
Well, to be honest it did not answer my question. But I'll respectfully leave it at that. After all it was not my business, it was just a rhetorical question which popped immediatelly into my mind after reading your post. Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon..

Last edited:

Many thanks,
Cam

We can not comment on your support issues. We have seen the issue with lines in video and images a few times. The problem was corrected with the replacement of the gimbal vibration mount.

Reactions: The Editor
I had a similar experience with the S1000. Nothing to do with image quality.
Mine had to do with one single screw (motor power bracket screw), which was arguably one of the most important screws in the drone. It broke off in the board when I was installing and tightening it. It took DJI a half year, multiple phone calls, forum posts, etc; until I finally got the correct screw from them. In my research I was not to use any other screw to replace it with other than the correct screw directly from DJI cause there was possibility of drone malfunctioning. I couldnt even buy a replacement screw cause at the time I couldn’t find one anywhere.

I feel your pain.

mmarian post is not helpful. In fact a lot of professionals may not have the money to buy another replacement; and why should they? Tough spot to be in.

Reactions: Juhanet
it happen with my i2 x5s ..

But after i clear the video caches. and it goes back to normal..
and i donno why...

mmarian post is not helpful. In fact a lot of professionals may not have the money to buy another replacement; and why should they? Tough spot to be in.[/QUOTE]

I feel the OP’s pain also. It would made me very cranky with DJI however the OP stated that this has been going on for almost a year and that he lost thousands of dollars of business and another potential thousands on “maybe” jobs because he could not even pitch for due to not having a functioning drone. And I fully understand that forking out $$$ is not easy for probably most of us in here. I just asked the question because that is what I would do. And if I did not have the cash I would present the business case to the bank manager and borrowed money to get back in business asap.
So, to my deffence that was my thinking behind posting the question. Some may disagree, some may agree. I just presented a feasible option instead of likely loosing most customers. To me it is a no brainer. No offence intended and no patronizing either. Just offered an unbiased opinion and what I thought was a reasonable alternative.

Last edited:
II had the same issue a few yrs back from another Mnau. Have layer send the letter and do CC to your State AG...... and make the threat 100 time the cost of lost revenue

Thank you for all your comments and support. It's not the memory card or anything of that nature. I'm not really sure what the issue is but I'm happy to announce that DJI has FINALLY agreed to send me a new in box Inspire 2, X5S camera, and remote as if I picked it off the shelf at a store. This is a huge relief as I was in talks with lawyers about how to best initiate the lawsuit and that likely would've made things more difficult for the time being. I suppose what I take out of this is that buying the refresh plan is worth it. Also, I did buy a new drone in the meantime, I just purchased the DJI Mavic 2 Pro for a more portable solution that I can have on me much more conveniently than the I2. Thank god this nightmare is over for now, we'll see if what I get is actually what they said I would.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg