Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need Help ..South Jersey

Reaction score
I have tried to download and I am not a tech person at all .
Any one in South Jersey or Philly area that has dji that could show me
what I am doing wrong.
I just do not want to make a mistake and take it up and crash or hurt someone.

I have tried to download and I am not a tech person at all .
Any one in South Jersey or Philly area that has dji that could show me
what I am doing wrong.
I just do not want to make a mistake and take it up and crash or hurt someone.
The search engine on this site is very good. There's lots of info available that will walk you through the firmware update, if that's what you're talking about.

I would like to pay someone that knows what to do and show me . Like I said I am not a tech person.
Have worked on cars and when it comes to games and pc I know nothing.. Do not or will not ever have a cell phone.
I have tried few times and not making much progress .
The controller when I put the card into back the light just stay red with four lights and does nothing.
The App I have does not show camera,settings ect. So just lost with Inspire.

Last edited:
Did you move the .txt file off of the SD card before trying? The update will not run if there's a status log .txt file present matching the firmware file.

What I see on SD card is DCMI, WM610 FW VO1.06.00.40 bin & MISC ,UNDER THAT IDX,LOG,THM ,XCODE.
When I did the AC and went to RC the lights never changed one stayed red with the 4 white lights.
I even tried to plug the camera to RC and nothing ..
I have removed the download off and retired both.
My i pad does not show the camera /settings and such on the DJI downloaded.
So just wondering about that unless it shows after the download .
I heard few say they plugged in to camera to RC and had good results?
Going to try some tomorrow and see if it downloads..Thank You joe

you should switch off everything. (inspire 1 and all remote controls) format your sd card and copy the .bin file on to the card. put that card into camera of the inspire and while everything is turned OFF only turn on the inspire 1 and wait. there should be a silent Beeping - not sure off the top of my head for the pattern but you will see that update has started. after good 20-30 min (for you to make sure) the beeping sound will change and continue to stay that way. when that happens the aircraft is updated. then, turn off aircraft and reboot it.
for RC (remote control): turn on and launch dji GO app. there should be an info voming up that there is new firmware available and asks if you would like to update. - answer is :yes. RC update is via the GO app. then it is the same beeping update sound as the AC had. when done you turn off and back on. the RC and AC should link and should calibrate all batteries (depleeting them to 0% in hover) and recharge them to 100% in one go. do not interrupt the process or battery will not calibrate correctly.
before that (sorry) you should do IMU calibration when AC is cold (was not rurned over night for e.g. ) turn on RC and go app navigate to Sensors and search for IMU (can not say by heart where it is) onve you are there make sure that inspire is absolute level!!!! VERY IMPORTANT.
calibrate IMU when still cold meaning do not power up craft beforehand.
once that is done do the battery calibration i started above. once you are done you should check for flaws in new FW meaning: go to your airfield or large open space and start flying. in the first 30sec- 2 min hover and do closer range manuvers to make sure all works the way it should. directions, throttle - you should recalibrate that too with inspire turned off in the go app.
when going into the field check compass under sensors, iff the "mod" value is not between 1400-1500 -is calibrate compass and it is advised to check that value EVERY time BEFORE takeoff and if the value is not good recalibrate compass making sure you are not in a parkinglot or near to metal.- take caution because there might be pioes underneath where you are so bad values might be due to that. - workaround can be to move a couple of feet away and check and calibrate if nessesary.

sorry for my english and long post. typing from phone. if i missed anything please correct me and i appologize for errors. The Editor has done a lot here also for me to remember all of teh process :) thanks. also every body else (do not know name by heart sorry)
hope that clears up some but do use the search on the forum and google and the DJI site where it is described in detail and shown.

cheers happy new year ans fly safe :)
m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to a Drone School run by Jersey Hobbies in Flemington NJ and real nice people to work with Jim Owner & Manny the Instructor .
They are taking over Flemington Golf Range and going to be a real nice place to fly at.
But I went there with my problem that I could not get the ipad to show Inspire and they tried hard
and finally called DJI and the tech said it was a Bad Controller.
Sending back to B&H for a replacement Inspire..

If you still need help shoot me a message. I live in Cherry Hill and would gladly help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08