Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need some advice - Inspire 1 Pro + Zenmuse Z3

Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased a used Inspire 1 Pro V2, and bought a used Z3, should receive them this week. I'm putting these two together and wanted to get some advice on getting these two to work together (firmware, etc.), I have the X5 type gimbal mount on the I1, is it as simple as plug and play? Or is there something I need to do if the firmwares are different? Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I purchased a used Inspire 1 Pro V2, and bought a used Z3, should receive them this week. I'm putting these two together and wanted to get some advice on getting these two to work together (firmware, etc.), I have the X5 type gimbal mount on the I1, is it as simple as plug and play? Or is there something I need to do if the firmwares are different? Thanks in advance!
Moved to Inspire 1 Help section.

I have the same combination and had huge troubles , eventually sent the z3 and inspire to dji to sort out they changed the software which afik was already updated for the I1,camera and controller but it did all work when it came back. If you have problem I will look at the software versions they installed for you.

you will need the Z3 firmware to load onto the bird. and make sure the RC is updated to the latest as well

Z3 firmware is here
Zenmuse Z3 - Specs - DJI

That information was very helpful. Better than any that ive gotten anywhere else. Could you direct me to the site where i can get the update firmware for my rc?

Edited by moderator - Capital Font Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
That information was very helpful. Better than any that ive gotten anywhere else. Could you direct me to the site where i can get the update firmware for my rc?

Edited by moderator - Capital Font Edited
the RC I've always done from within the App just make sure the bird is turned off. turn on RC launch the app with phone/tablet connected to Wifi or data then the app will prompt to update remote firmware.

but there is no specific firmware needed for the RC between X3, Z3, and X5 cameras

I have the same combination and had huge troubles , eventually sent the z3 and inspire to dji to sort out they changed the software which afik was already updated for the I1,camera and controller but it did all work when it came back. If you have problem I will look at the software versions they installed for you.
Hi,
Do you mind posting what versions you are running since yours is working now for everything? That would be great! Thanks for your help!

Hi, I must be one of the lucky ones, I have never had any problems with this setup, I haven't flown this since last summer but out of curiosity after reading your post I managed to fetch it down and try it out,
Here's my firmware version.
APP Version 3.1.52
Aircraft 1.11.01.50+
Remote controller. 1.7.80
Camera. 1.9.1.40+
If anything needs updating your App djigo will show notification and will prompt you to update. My overall status is Normal {Latest Firmware}
Hope this helps
Kelv

Hi, I must be one of the lucky ones, I have never had any problems with this setup, I haven't flown this since last summer but out of curiosity after reading your post I managed to fetch it down and try it out,
Here's my firmware version.
APP Version 3.1.52
Aircraft 1.11.01.50+
Remote controller. 1.7.80
Camera. 1.9.1.40+
If anything needs updating your App djigo will show notification and will prompt you to update. My overall status is Normal {Latest Firmware}
Hope this helps
Kelv

Thanks Kelv! Yes, any help is always appreciated!! Happy Flying!

So, I got my used Inspire 1 Pro V2 today, I was anxious to power it up and check basic operations. Powered on remote, (4 power dots), powered up the bird, (3 power arrows). Remote binded with the bird, green, taking it out of travel mode, to landing mode worked fine. Tried to do a quick arming with no props, nothing.... no camera is installed and I have a blue light on the Inspire... shouldn’t this spin up?

while in travel mode the tail is blue and no the motors wont start. you need to be in landing mode then the tail will be green and the motors will start when you move both sticks to the inner corners

while in travel mode the tail is blue and no the motors wont start. you need to be in landing mode then the tail will be green and the motors will start when you move both sticks to the inner corners
Thanks I’ll try this again, I was pretty sure I was in landing mode and may have mixed up my colors. Looked for a doc on DJIs site but couldn’t find a color led reference chart other than the one in the Inspire 1 pro manual, but it didn’t have a reference for blue.

Update: Guys, thanks for the help, I was able to finally get some time to work on this, I was able to get the app connected, take the Inspire out of travel mode, and get the motors to fire up! Next step is to get the Z3 attached, and getting that working! This forum is great, I appreciate everyone jumping in! I hope to pay it forward in the coming months!

The Z3 works fine on the X5 mount plug and play. I had a X5 on mine and went to Z3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo