Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nervous Video Recording

Reaction score
What would the the cause & fix for video recording that looks nervous? It's not judder.

Last edited:
What would the the cause & fix for video recording that looks nervous? It's not judder.
This is unfortunatelly pretty typical for I2, amplified by longer lens. Is this Oly25mm?
Generally I2 is not as rock solid in P mode, as the smaller platforms from DJI. You need to learn how to be "smart" with I2 when taking these types of shots and make sure that you always come home with enough of "good usable" stuff which will then allow you to exclude these "nervous bits" from the final cut. Also try to fly in Attitude flight mode. You will not encounter these random moves in Attitude mode. Gentle drifts in one direction are always more acceptable in video (make them a feature rather than a distraction) than these wobbly random moves. They are likely caused by corrections applied by IMU in P mode. That is the only piece of advice I can offer.

Last edited:
This is unfortunatelly pretty typical for I2, amplified with longer lens. Is this Oly25mm?
Generally I2 is not as rock solid in P mode, as the smaller platforms from DJI. You need to learn how to be "smart" with I2 when taking these types of footage and make sure that you always come home with enough of "good usable" stuff which will then allow you to exclude these "nervous bits" from the final cut. Also try to fly in Attitude flight mode. These wobbly moves will be less pronounced in Attitude mode mode than they are in P mode. Gentle drift in one direction is always more acceptable in video (maken them to be a feature rather than a distraction) than these wobbly moves which look to me like result of corrections applied by IMU in P mode. That is the only piece of advice I can offer.
Thanks. I've not had this problem before with the Inspire 2 since putting it into service in 2018. I may need to test different props. Also don't know if a F/W update precipitated it. Updated to: Aircraft = 4.3.46; RC = 01.02.0600; RAW Module to 01.41.01.72; X5S Camera = 01.11.22.29. Calibrated IMU, compass, and 45 mm lens after update and before test flights.

Thanks. I've not had this problem before with the Inspire 2 since putting it into service in 2018. I may need to test different props. Also don't know if a F/W update precipitated it. Updated to: Aircraft = 4.3.46; RC = 01.02.0600; RAW Module to 01.41.01.72; X5S Camera = 01.11.22.29. Calibrated IMU, compass, and 45 mm lens after update and before test flights.
Thanks. I've not had this problem before with the Inspire 2 since putting it into service in 2018. I may need to test different props. Also don't know if a F/W update precipitated it. Updated to: Aircraft = 4.3.46; RC = 01.02.0600; RAW Module to 01.41.01.72; X5S Camera = 01.11.22.29. Calibrated IMU, compass, and 45 mm lens after update
Well, I've had my I2 for almost 6 years and it has always flown more or less like this. Do not thing that any FW has made historically any difference to this behaviour. Perhaps you have not noticed in the past or used wider lens when this wobble was not so noticeable? I guess you'd have learn how to live with this. Not much else I can offer, sorry.
and before test flights.

Reactions: John
Check your props. I had a similar issue with an I1 years ago- cause was that one of the props was very slightly damaged.

If you're changing props... try a higher end, stiffer carbon prop.
Less flexible props reduce the wiggle.... firm props create a little more firm, less vibration platform. Plus, the carbon props will probably be more balanced than OEM. Plus firm props reduce the amount of space the I2 moves in air. The stock mounts also become sloppy, if you remain on OEM props, look into the prop shims to remove slop.

Another important area, that I feel should be regularly changed are the gimbal mount isolator bushings... the 3 Rubber shock absorbing mounts. They loose they absorbing ability rather quickly, especially if longer lenses or if transported with payload mounted. It's a cheap easy fix to perform 1 or 2 times a year. Once they stretch holding weight, they're longer and uneven in tension... doesn't stop vibration or the gimbals constant torque. As example, holding I2 in hand, fingers lightly holding gimbal... turn nose up/down, Lf/Rt, feel how gimbal torques rapidly... this transmits up to isolators and if loose & stretched this increases gimbal movement.

I've also removed the nose cover and lightly tightened the various frame screws to remove the wiggle or vibration through frame halves (upper & lower). Frame vibration transmits through frame & gimbal mount and effects flight stability too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool