Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NEW (A DAY OLD) INSPIRE WITH WONKY GIMBAL

Reaction score
Can onyone Help please?
bitmap.png
I have just upgraded from a Phantom 3 pro to an inspire, spent one day preparing the craft controller and charging everything.

The gimbal is way out of whack sometimes it drifts into a level horizon but not for long, its unusable.

I did everything but the book. Installing upgrading firmware’s.
I am more than a little disappointed this craft is a two days old brand new.
I should point out I have been flying DJI’s (Phantoms) for over two years now, I am an engineer and a trained and certified Drone pilot. Maybe I am missing something here, but I think the only thing I am missing is a gimbal that works.
I have upgraded and calibrated the imu gimbal and tried every gimbal setting and combination there is.
I just want the camera to work in follow mode, that is stay straight. Its like it had more than a few drinks it almost makes you dizzy.
Maybe it has something to do with the various versions of software, see image?
I have attached the controller to two tablets all connected to the web and the camera version will not upgrade past 1.8.1
I have spent two days now trying to fix.
I have just bought a new inspire with five batteries and I cannot use it, I need it for a job in two days, so pleaseeeee HELP.

Did you do "gimbal auto calibration" under gimbal setting? Did it say it was successful? Were you on a perfectly level surface when you did the gimbal calibration?

Is this a new inspire or new to you?

Are all the rubber gimbal dampers fully seated on all four corners?

I appreciate someone getting back to me on this.
It was calibrates about six times now on a concrete floor away from everything except the floor, which was checked using two different spirit levels, and each time is says it was successful.

As I said in the post I have calibrated the IMU and Gimbals. The dampeners are fully seated.

Confirm that you have a T601 airframe which is the latest model.

What you describe is not normal for any Inspire model. I would exchange with the dealer. I would not recommend going through DJI as it may take several months.

After it is replaced I am confident that you will be very happy with the Inspire. Do not despair.

Yeah Thank you.

Yeah I agree, I checked air frame all good V2 T601.

It did not work out of the box. However the craft flies like a dream and the camera although crooked as it is far exceeds expectations with regard to the image qulity, just the **** gimbal, wont point where it should.

On to dealer twice with video of whats going on, straight out of the box. Unfortunate I have purchased an additional four 5 batteries and charging hub, I need it this week. I guess I will have to use the Phantom Pro 3, not dissing it, but I was so looking forward to uping my game. :-(. As I am sure the clients. Not what I shelled out for

C Out

I did find the following advice on the web. Sounds like you have already done this...but just in case:

Avoiding Gimbal Drifting or Tilting Issues on DJI Inspire 1
If you are experiencing gimbal drifting or tilting, the following procedure will fix the issue:

• Do IMU cal then do Gimbal Cal.
  • Do both procedures indoors, on a flat and hard surface.
  • Do it on the ground floor if you live in an apartment.

needless to say I did all those things as standard.
Good news the guys I baught it off have replaced the the craft, afetr all it was brand new.

New Inspire V2 arrives Moday next cant wait to get out there and start filming with it :)

Fair play to the guys at Heliguy and DJI's Support :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44