Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK New business needing advice

Reaction score
Hi all

Please can I get some advice from people who have set up a new company!

I am a bit of an amateur web designer so have created our website. I have got partners that want to run before they can walk! One person is saying our website looks empty compared to others. Considering we have only been running eight months they want the website to be generating enquiries. They have said they want us to use library content, whatever that means. I have told them it takes time for the seo to work.

Can anyone tell me how long it took their website to start generating leads?
Our website is at: stratosphericfilming.uk

thanks

Last edited:
Hi all

I am a bit of an amateur web designer so have created our website. I have got partners that want to run before they can walk! One person is saying our website looks empty compared to others. Considering we have only been running eight months they want the website to be generating enquiries. They have said they want us to use library content, whatever that means. I have told them it takes time for the seo to work.

thanks
Moved to correct section

Couple of points -
You have a typo on the first page 'PiFCO' instead of PfCO and no space between UAV on the first line.
The PfCO is not a licence (never has been), I've seen that on a lot of websites and it's wrong. It is a permission granted by the CAA so you hold a permission not a licence (which you correctly mention elsewhere :))
You still have you PfCO no. as TBA.

Last edited:
Hi editor

As I'm not the pilot I am not sure on the acronyms! My area of expertise is the editing and admin for our company.

I am slightly confused because I have checked on a couple of NQE sites I have seen it says they are teaching the PfCO. here is an our NQE website says:
Commercial Drone Training Course | Flyby Technology

Link now works

So who is correct

Regards

Last edited:
You have asked for advice on when your website will start generating new leads and in all honesty, I think it will be a while.

There are numerous sentences that don't make any sense - The fourth sentence a potential client will read on your site is:
Due to a small number of irresponsible owners drones have got of it a negative reputation.
From the Our Rates page: More locations can be added but travelling expenses and an inconvenience tariff will have the added for each location. (Do you really want to label your clients requests as an inconvenience?)

There is an awful lot of 'coming soon' (Please don't use DJI's website as a template!) with no additional content, especially on the Our Work pages.

If you click on Our Work, it takes you to a video of the sky with Zzz at the top.

There are lot of negative references to your abilities: endeavours to produce, to the best of our abilities, etc.

Do you not do risk assessments for your Troposphere and Stratosphere level clients?

I think you need to spend some time (or even better, get someone else) to go over the website in detail, proof read it and ensure consistency between pages (demo reels and 360 videos are left aligned, sporting fixtures videos are centred)

Consider a change of font for the header bar (or at the very least, lose the drop shadow). Script fonts can be incredibly difficult to read.

At a guess, the library footage your partners mention would be buying some stock footage and promoting it on your website as work you are able to do.

As I said to the last person who asked for a website review, apologies if this all seems a bit negative, but it its the negative things that people pick up on and use to form their opinion of you and your work.

Reactions: MarkLincs
Hi IMAX

Thanks for looking at the website. I spent the weekend modifying the site but haven't uploaded the changes yet. I will make the changes you suggest realise there were so many inconsistencies. I use voice recognition and reread everything I write but obviously some things have gone astray. I welcome any feedback anyone cares to offer good or bad. At the moment it's just me producing the contents for the site

I have been reluctant to put on any content we haven't done ourselves which is why the website is looking a bit bare at the moment..

I was waiting to see what comes up in future as we got a couple of jobs lined up from acquaintances..

as yet we haven't started on SEO so as I said to my partners that will take ages to work through.

Any other feedback would be welcome..

Regards

Last edited:
Hi IMAX

Thanks for looking at the website and I didn't realise there were so many inconsistencies. I use voice recognition and reread everything I write but obviously some things have gone astray. I welcome any feedback anyone cares to offer good or bad. At the moment it's just me producing the contents for the site

I have been reluctant to put on any content we haven't done ourselves which is why the website is looking a bit bare at the moment..

I was waiting to see what comes up in future as we got a couple of jobs lined up from acquaintances..

as yet we haven't started on SEO so as I said to my partners that will take ages to work through.

Any other feedback would be welcome..

Regards

No problem. The biggest problem with rereading things yourself, is that you read what you expect to see, not what is actually there. This is where getting a 3rd party to go through it helps.

Hi all

thanks
This is a web site Drone Aerial Photography, Roof Inspections, And Drone 3D Mapping I just built for myself. all the photos in the power line and bridge inspection pages I have taken myself. The 3d map is mine done with drone deploy. But note the way its not to cluttered and simple to navigate. As for getting hits from a search engine like Google there is a lot involved to get your site to rank. I would suggest you Google search engine ranking on Google or YouTube. I note under our work you don't have anything go out and video or take a few pictures and put them on there that is what I did. the power line pics are from out side my house, the bridge is from a few miles away just went out and took a few pics of it.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the link to your website. Yes it looks nice but for search engine optimisation you would need more written content on your pages. I know a little bit about SEO but I haven't done any on our site yet. I only finished the current edition on the website in November and working on another web site for my partner in the mean time.

Do you think my website is too cluttered and crowded? I am thinking about redesigning it

Hi,

Thanks for the link to your website. Yes it looks nice but for search engine optimisation you would need more written content on your pages. I know a little bit about SEO but I haven't done any on our site yet. I only finished the current edition on the website in November and working on another web site for my partner in the mean time.

Do you think my website is too cluttered and crowded? I am thinking about redesigning it
For me I would just have the main nav links at the top IE home, about our work ECT at the top and the other stuff you have up there to the side of it but hey that's just me. When I land on a website I like it clear and quick as to where I want to click

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan