Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK New CAA instruction for those applying/renewing their PfCO

Reaction score
Please note that the CAA have issued a statement informing applicants that Issue 7 of SRG1320 has now been released and they will not accept any PfCO applications/renewals made on issue 6 forms after May 1st 2017.

Also note, the CAA will no longer telephone or communicate with individuals to take payment. The responsibility now lies with the applicant to make any necessary payment.
Additionally, no work by the CAA will be undertaken to process any application unless the required payment has been made.

Form can be downloaded from here http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1320Issue07Enabled.pdf

Please also note the insurance requirements which must comply with EC785/2004

So yes, they are hiking the fee up extortionately...... And doing less work for it!

Sounds about right. :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me where I stand?

I did my RPQS stuff a while ago, passed ground and theory and I still need to finish off my operations manual to submit to them.

What sort of money do I have to pay now?
If I submit my ops manual before that date, are you saying it will be much cheaper?

Can someone tell me where I stand?

I did my RPQS stuff a while ago, passed ground and theory and I still need to finish off my operations manual to submit to them.

What sort of money do I have to pay now?
If I submit my ops manual before that date, are you saying it will be much cheaper?
This thread is in respect of new charges......
UK - New CAA Charges for 17/18
Increase in Charges come in wef April 1st.
Issue 7 of SRG1320 must be used from May 1st.

I made my initial PfAW application late last year which included the night flying approval. When I come to renew for the first time, will I need to pay any additional fees to retain the night flying approval?
Also, I understand that the current minimum insurance cover is approx £350000. Will that change come April?
Thank for looking.

I made my initial PfAW application late last year which included the night flying approval. When I come to renew for the first time, will I need to pay any additional fees to retain the night flying approval?
Also, I understand that the current minimum insurance cover is approx £350000. Will that change come April?
Thank for looking.
No - if you have approved night ops then it will continue. Although you will obviously need to pay the increased fees from April 1st.
With regards to insurance - not that I am aware of although £350k liability cover seems incredibly low and I would not feel comfortable operating with that low level of cover.
In the event of an accident you could easily go out the top of that and then you are on your own. :eek:

No - if you have approved night ops then it will continue. Although you will obviously need to pay the increased fees from April 1st.
With regards to insurance - not that I am aware of although £350k liability cover seems incredibly low and I would not feel comfortable operating with that low level of cover.
In the event of an accident you could easily go out the top of that and then you are on your own. :eek:

I think you require a minimum of £1 million

Just going by what I was taught on my PfAW course re insurance. The actual Sterling value varies according to fluctuating exchange rates. The legal minimum SDR rate equated to about £333000 back in November. May well have changed now and not necessarily accurate info. My insurance is £10M so I don't have the impetus to actually find out. It looks quite a complicated calculation geared towards manned flight. I would be more interested to know what the policy needs to conform to if anyone knows.

Hi Editor, just wondering if you could give me some advice - just about to send off my renewal and to transfer funds to CAA. Am I right in thinking that as I am adding Night Flying ( the only operational change ) I should pay the Technical Change fee of £173 rather than the standard fee of £130

many thanks

Hi Editor, just wondering if you could give me some advice - just about to send off my renewal and to transfer funds to CAA. Am I right in thinking that as I am adding Night Flying ( the only operational change ) I should pay the Technical Change fee of £173 rather than the standard fee of £130

many thanks
Unfortunately......yes.
It's a change/amendment to your ops manual and therefore they extort you for the privilege.
The lower figure is for a straight renewal with no alterations or additions etc.

hey guys,
I have a current PPL and 107 from the FAA. Im filling out he PFAW application but cant really find what the exact fee i need to authorize is. I saw online that its
"The price for a Permission depends on the mass of the aircraft.
Current charges range from £112 - £224 but there is no limit on a maximum number of drones."

got it here:
Apply for a permission to fly drones for commercial work | UK Civil Aviation Authority

any body know what to put for a 4kg Inspire 2?

This is for an upcoming job in Turks and Caicos (BTW)

hey guys,
I have a current PPL and 107 from the FAA. Im filling out he PFAW application but cant really find what the exact fee i need to authorize is. I saw online that its
"The price for a Permission depends on the mass of the aircraft.
Current charges range from £112 - £224 but there is no limit on a maximum number of drones."

got it here:
Apply for a permission to fly drones for commercial work | UK Civil Aviation Authority

any body know what to put for a 4kg Inspire 2?

This is for an upcoming job in Turks and Caicos (BTW)
I am very confused......

The (English) CAA do not control Turks and Caicos NAS.
Secondly, you can not apply for PfCO without a completed ops manual, a pass in ground school examination (although a PPL will suffice), a signed flight assessment or proof of competency as well as suitable commercial liability insurance (EC 785/2004 compliant) affording cover in the geographic location permission is granted.

I would suggest you contact T&C CAA here Civil Aviation Authority | Turks and Caicos Islands as it has nothing to do with the UK

Reactions: DamesNY
I am very confused......

The (English) CAA do not control Turks and Caicos NAS.
Secondly, you can not apply for PfCO without a completed ops manual, a pass in ground school examination (although a PPL will suffice), a signed flight assessment or proof of competency as well as suitable commercial liability insurance (EC 785/2004 compliant) affording cover in the geographic location permission is granted.

I would suggest you contact T&C CAA here Civil Aviation Authority | Turks and Caicos Islands as it has nothing to do with the UK
when you go to the Turks & Caicos website and click on the link for drones
Drones

the permission to use drones link goes to
www.caa.co.uk/uas
(weird right?)

It surprised me too but it seems London is in control of the drone airspace there?

(I have the required insurance as well)

Any idea the answer to the original question?
What the application fee is for a 4kg, Inspire 2?

when you to the T&C website and click on the link for drones
Drones

the permission to use drones link goes to
www.caa.co.uk/uas
(weird right?)

it surprised me too but it seems London is in control of the drone airspace there?

(I have the required insurance as well)

Any idea the answer to the original question?
What the application fee is for a 4kg, Inspire 2?
No - its here ..... Unmanned Aircraft
The TCICAA have their own regulations for UAS within the Islands

Assuming your policy was issued domestically within the US how is it EC785/2004 compliant?
You also will not have the required sign offs for CAA permissions to operate within the UK NAS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08