Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New CoPilot Drone Control Application

Reaction score
Hello Inspire Pilots! The CoPilot mobile cinematography application for DJI is $9.99 USD until Friday Jan 1st! Just got/gifted your first DJI Inspire? CoPilot is the ultimate tool for new pilots to capture professional video right out of the box! See how here:

Happy Holidays from team FreeSkies!

CoPilot is available on the App Store: CoPilot Basic - Autonomous Drone Control on the App Store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Inspire Pilots! The CoPilot mobile cinematography application for DJI is $9.99 USD until Friday Jan 1st! Just got/gifted your first DJI Inspire? CoPilot is the ultimate tool for new pilots to capture professional video right out of the box! See how here:

CoPilot is available on the App Store: CoPilot Basic - Autonomous Drone Control on the App Store

Thread now locked pending vendor approval.

Can you please contact site admin to discuss advertising on this forum and becoming an approved vendor/sponsor?

@Jacob can talk you through the process

Thank you

Are you planning on an Android version? I presume access to 3D maps is a factor...

Brian

Hi Brian sorry just passing the link on I don't work for CoPilot I would assume they will have the android version available at some stage soon but I've noted the roller with the app so far is in the UK a small number of cities are only available in 3D so they won't get my money until that's rectified

unbelievably cool! just what we have been waiting for..now all thats needed is a bug free app and comprehensive Apple 3D map coverage.

I'am not getting any joy using the program as its not working for me. Placed a number of way points and pressed go, all that happened is that the DJI 3 professional took off and hovered about 3m of the ground. Had a go a number of times but with no luck. I think they still need to iron out program issues.

I noticed in Appstore that it says "in-app purchases" for this app, so thats why the actual app is free.
So whats the cost of these in-app purchases, and can any functions in the app be used for free so that one can test the app before buying anything?

And whats the difference between this app and the other ones like Autopilot and Litchi and so on?

And whats the difference between this app and the other ones like Autopilot and Litchi and so on?

As far as I can tell, the main thing is that CoPilot uses the 3D mode for Apple Maps to let you preview your flight paths from the camera's point-of-view. It does seem remarkably easy to set up a path in this, though; you just move your virtual drone to where you want it to be, orient it as you wish, and then hit 'Add Keyframe'. Move on to the next. It interpolates between all the keyframes, as you'd expect.

The in-app purchase is $19.99 and basically unlocks the 'we fly the quad for you' feature, where you can then fly it in fully automatic (where it controls the camera), or let it fly and you control the camera gimbal while it follows the path.

So you can try it for free to see if building the courses works well for you, but I guess the in-app purchase is necessary to actually autopilot it.

They have the manual available online, too.

Is this what we are coming to now? 7 year old kids flying millions of these drones around the sky? No training or license or anything?
I dont know about where you live but this won't happen in this country. We have rules here and very strict ones. This makes a mockery of all we stand for safety wise. I just cant believe it!.

Yeah, the use of a seven year old, though I have to believe the goal was to show how easy it is, nonetheless promotes the idea that seven year old's should be doing this in the first place. What happens at 3:45PM when the kids come home from school but the parents are still at work and the kids decide to fly the drone?

It is this kind of indifference to the potential consequences that will result in drones being banned entirely.

Brian

Yeah, the use of a seven year old, though I have to believe the goal was to show how easy it is, nonetheless promotes the idea that seven year old's should be doing this in the first place. What happens at 3:45PM when the kids come home from school but the parents are still at work and the kids decide to fly the drone?

It is this kind of indifference to the potential consequences that will result in drones being banned entirely.

Brian
Absolutely. I would be the first to say all hobby drones should be banned all over the world if this is what is going to happen where we have 7 year olds flying. Maybe Im miss g something but I dont feel these drones are that safe and foolproof to fly. Most of us have had many accidents Im sure.

Hi Brian sorry just passing the link on I don't work for CoPilot I would assume they will have the android version available at some stage soon but I've noted the roller with the app so far is in the UK a small number of cities are only available in 3D so they won't get my money until that's rectified

No, not to worry, this app may wind up being wonderful, it's just that the idea to use a seven year old in the video was not wise.

The more folks developing for the market the better.

Brian

Is this what we are coming to now? 7 year old kids flying millions of these drones around the sky? No training or license or anything?
I dont know about where you live but this won't happen in this country. We have rules here and very strict ones. This makes a mockery of all we stand for safety wise. I just cant believe it!.

Some of you guys are brutal.
It isn't obvious to you that the 7 year old was used just to show how easy the app is to use?
Lighten up.......

Some of you guys are brutal.
It isn't obvious to you that the 7 year old was used just to show how easy the app is to use?
Lighten up.......
I think that was the point, however this sword cuts both ways. In my view it was irresponsible. I know it's often raised but the image of the youngster losing sight in one eye from a prop is frequently vivid in my minds eye, that is brutal...and that was a Dad flying it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah