Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware

I have the same question.. V01.02.0500. New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (09/09/2020) Based on the comments in the DJI forum link, it looks like a no go.
It looks like there are some people who's Inspire 2 drones have experienced restricted performance in flight after upgrade to .0500.
I have updated on Sep 14 and completed about 10 missions shooting stills as well as videos since, some in strong winds and I have not noticed any of the performance restrictions in flight. At this stage it is bit of a mystery why some birds are crippled by this FW and some are not.

Reactions: KWHITAKER711
The OP has not replied to any of his quickly authored threads posted yesterday.
I've seen this before where an OP is not actually interested in a reply but simply wants to pad their thread/post count to allow posting in the classified section.......which coincidentally he did on the same day.....:rolleyes:

It follows a pattern!

I keep receiving mixed reviews and am terrified to update and then have issues with my drones. Any benefit to updating to the "newest" firmware update that anyone has noticed? Want to make sure the pros outway the big con of my bird having issues.

I have encountered the propulsion system will be limited error. I posted this on other forums. I was contacted by 4 other people with same issues on how to downgrade back. The gimbal may not drift as much with the new firmware but still does not hold horizon. So if it works for you now then don’t update.

I posted this on the FB forums..
This “safety feature” almost caused a major failure today. I have a pair of battery’s about 1 year old with less the 25 cycles and 5 min into the flight with the cell voltage still around ~4 volts, slowed me down so much I could barely bring it back in 25-30km winds. Packs were at operating temp and the outside temp was 10c. It was not controllable with full stick inputs and was over water. I managed to squeak it overtop land and eventually got it back.

Reactions: JoeCos
I haven't noticed any of the negatives that have been expressed. The reduction of power is an indicated feature... but not intended how some are describing. Some of these are very concerning and would be a extreme pucker factor if over water!

I've only had 4 flights since uodate. Flown in 26-34 F Temps & 25-30mph winds with Battery Pre-warm active prior to flight.

The I2 has never been a stable "hold" craft compared to Mavic series. After FW update, I thought the stability greatly improved on the I2.

The FW worked on both I2's nicely with all battery packs and most cameras: X4S, X5S and X7... but one X4S refused to complete FW update and remained in a incomplete stage. Required X4S to be sent in to DJI, which is also the 1 that had Yaw and Horizon off by 10-15%. So they'll address both issues.

Overall, the updated FW has been positive for me... so far.

I'm having a problem with update .0500. The Go app just always shows critically low even though they're charged. Upon checking the battery voltage, it just shows N/A for both. Not detecting the batteries? Tried with 8 batteries, same problem. Any advice pls?

I'm having a problem with update .0500. The Go app just always shows critically low even though they're charged. Upon checking the battery voltage, it just shows N/A for both. Not detecting the batteries? Tried with 8 batteries, same problem. Any advice pls?
I'd probably try DJI Asst and perform a Refresh and reinstall the FW vs performing through DJIGo4 app.

I'd probably try DJI Asst and perform a Refresh and reinstall the FW vs performing through DJIGo4 app.
Thanks. I've just installed that in my laptop. Need to buy usb to usb cable then try later. Hopefully I can revert the update done to the batteries using the Assist.

Upon checking Assist 2, it seems v.0500 is the only version available. I can only Refresh the update but could not downgrade. Here's an image.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 8
13 minutes ago
I don't think you can back grade... I think I recall in FW notes it indicated stepping back was not possible. Others may know how to back door a down grade.

I would try to refresh the .500 FW. That may correct it... perform it 1 or 2 times.

13 minutes ago
I don't think you can back grade... I think I recall in FW notes it indicated stepping back was not possible. Others may know how to back door a down grade.

I would try to refresh the .500 FW. That may correct it... perform it 1 or 2 times.
Thank you. I tried refreshing and the error stopped. Hopefully there'll be no more errors come time to fly in the field

Thank you. I tried refreshing and the error stopped. Hopefully there'll be no more errors come time to fly in the field
Great to Hear! You should be good to go!
Before you assume it's all good to go, throw a set of Full Charged batteries in, and fly it around to draw all the way to verify both Low & Critical behavior triggers. I normally test full speed, full acceleration & braking, all RC flight modes, full accent / decent tests, all normal navigational moves, and a quick autonomous grid above my home to verify it can correctly process prior to being on a work site. Always take note of the issues others mention after a FW upgrade and verify or test them on your own craft to determine if they exist. Don't assume FW will be consistent on each craft, another unexplainable... it can exhibit a different behavior.

Sometimes it requires DJI Asst over RC / Tablet and pushing a few Flashes to Refresh to get FW all written.
I don't quite understand why, but it has corrected several FW issues over the years for many.

Reactions: sowiszcze
My experience with it has been awful. I just upgraded yesterday and on the first flight today it completely disconnected (lightbridge and rc) about 200 ft away and maybe 100 foot up. I tried unhooking and rehooking cables, but no green light means no hope. I had zero control, and the drone landed the living f*** out of itself, basically just didnt slow down on descent until it met the ground.

So now, i still cant get the rc to connect, ive tried re-linking, but there is no response from the i2 pair button. The drone is stuck in take-off mode so i cant put it in the case, the Zenmuse X7 is making weird creaking noises when i shut the i2 off with it connected. It certainly seems to be raining s**t in my neck of the woods.

edit: assistant 2 doesnt recognize that there is an I2 plugged in. Also on startup, the zenmuse does its normal travel, but the FPV cam is limp. I had a working drone yesterday and a paperweight today. Im going to go drink alot now.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa