Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW 1.8.1.00 Issued 7 Apr 16

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
The following has been released and available of the DJI.com website:

Inspire 1 Pro 1.8.1.00 & Inspire 1 1.8.1.00

1. Firmware upgraded to v1.8.1.00
2. DJI GO Android upgraded to v2.7.2

Major Updates
1. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission. Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link.
2. Fixed the issue of batteries over-discharging when stored for extended periods of time (over 90 days).
3. Fixed the issue of landing gears lowering in midair on rare occasions.
4. Improved stability for camera.
5. Optimized gimbal parameters.

Notes
Be sure to upgrade the aircraft before upgrading the remote controller, otherwise the aircraft may not able to exit Transport mode properly.
Battery firmware is included in this All-in-One firmware update. Update all Intelligent Flight Batteries by using this firmware.
Camera version v1.8.1.00 and aircraft version v1.8.1.00 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.

EDITED: This firmware requires batteries to be updated.

Last edited:
It will be interests to see what they have added in this fw. I just purchased a brand new v2 and its on 1.4, not sure if I should just stay on 1.4 or upgrade like I did with my v1

People are reporting issues and DJI have said to hold off updating for now until they fix the no signal and repost a new firmware

So, gimbal totally <jolly well> freaked out during the update, jammed itself up and started grinding. Greate.

Edited by moderator for language.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled the battery during the update. Went fine the second time, and then for the 5 batteries. Can't get the RC to update though.

I have updated the remote controller without doing it first for the aircraft and I can't exit the travel mode and so be unable to update the aircraft
Do you have an idea on how to exist the travel mode to make the update ?

I have updated the remote controller without doing it first for the aircraft and I can't exit the travel mode and so be unable to update the aircraft
So, you completely ignored the Notes part in @Scotflieger original post in this thread and totally did the opposite to what DJI warn about in bold print within their release notes with this firmware update?:rolleyes:
I suggest you attempt the RC downgrade process (search the forum for instructions) if that fails contact DJI.

first: RTFM - it says in the first post - FIRST the AC then the RC
second: you can manually screw the gear to landing mode
third: once you did that you can probably do the update.

cheers

edit: Editor you were faster :)

third: once dou did that you can probably do the update.

cheers
That MAY work but the aircraft may still show a blue light and think it's in travel mode without the flight controller telling it differently - worth a try though.

Go Beck to 1.4 and than update the bird first.

third: once you did that you can probably do the update.

cheers

edit: Editor you were faster :)
I have screw manualy to landing mode but I does not work for the update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips