Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2, battery issue... any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, wish my joining of this forum was under better circumstances, but I come now needing some help. I purchased a DJI certified refurbished Inspire 2 and it was delivered today. I am trying to charge my batteries, the 2 the unit came with, plus 2 spares. 3 of the 4 charged no problem. The 4th has a red indication LED on the charging hub, just the one red light. When I take it off the charger and press the button to check charge, the LED furthest from the button flashes for about 3 seconds. Doing a single press followed by a press and hold gives me the same LED flash followed by all 4 flashing twice then nothing. When I try powering the unit with a battery that charges, it will turn on, but the indicator lights on the good battery show a solid 4 lights as normal, but the bad battery shows no LEDs. Pressing the button on the battery turns on LED 2 and 3 for a few seconds then off. I tried a firmware update by both Assistant 2 and with the remote. Assistant 2 says unable to update, battery below 50%. The RC says insert more batteries, and N/A on all of the battery 2 indicators. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

And a quick update, now after having it in the I2, when I pulled it out and press the button LED 2 and 3 turn on for a few seconds, then off. And it is not being recognized on the charger now.

That’s what I’ve concluded. I was finally able to get it to at least register on the RC. I fired up the bird on a good battery, then stuck the bad one in when it was fired up, I tried running a firmware refresh with the version it had came with, and it was successful, and the upgrade to the newest firmware also took (I tried this process with both Assistant 2 and through the mobile device method). During the update, the bad battery and the 4 LEDs on the top of the I2 flashed both flashed all 4 lights during the process. During the battery update, it did go to the LED 2 and 3 indicator then back to the flashing 4. After this, i was able to see the battery through the RC, but I would get a battery disconnected error every 3 seconds. And when I put it back on the charging hub, it still red lights. I hope the company I ordered through actually helps, when I ordered, I needed to correct the order but got no answer or reply when I called, emailed, or used their chat online. They appear to be a reputable company, maybe It was just a fluke.

Anyone know what causes the solid red led on the I2 charger, brand new battery arrived placed in new charger led flashed green twice then turns solid red, I think the term is doa but would like to know what is the cause could it be old stock of the retailer.
Do the battery serial numbers indicate production dates, if so is there somewhere that lists details. Too late for this battery but I'm thinking for future reference. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop