Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 firmware (April 18, 2018)

Reaction score
Overview
  • Date: 2018.04.18
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.02.0100
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0010
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.2.12 or above, Android V 4.2.12 or above

What's New?
  • Added support for adjusting the maximum velocity of aircraft’s real-time pitch/roll, orientation, and throttle with the Cendence remote controller’s left and right levers, which can be set in the app.
  • Added support for two new POI functions, including tapping on the map and flying the aircraft to the desired location (requires app v4.2.14).
  • Optimized an issue where the gimbal pan slowly drifts while the aircraft is hovering in Follow mode (requires Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7firmware update).
  • Added re-centering gimbal function with the remote controller customizable button, which will re-center the gimbal pitch, roll, and pan (requires Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7firmware update).
  • The gimbal will re-center automatically only when the pitch axis angle is less than zero degrees and the aircraft is landing at a height of 0.7 m, to avoid touching the ground.
  • Optimized a rare issue where some frames turn purple in the CINESSD video.
  • Fixed an issue where the lower parts of photos are overexposed when using the Zenmuse X7and lenses with a mechanical shutter at high shutter speeds.
  • 23.97fps RAW videos have been updated to be recorded in 14-bit CinemaDNG format with the Zenmuse X7.
  • Added 5440×2880, 5120×2880, and 5280×2160 resolutions for CinemaDNG format videos with the Zenmuse X7.
  • Updated the resolution of 17:9 aspect ratio video from 3944×2088 to 4096×2160, and 16:9 aspect ratio video from 3712×2088 to 3840×2160 when recorded at 47.95/48fps in CinemaDNG format with the Zenmuse X7.
  • Camera sensor dead pixel correction can be carried out with the Zenmuse X7and lenses with a mechanical shutter.
  • Updated battery firmware to optimize the cell voltage balance, which can fix the issue where battery cell abnormalities appears when cell voltage imbalance is detected. Keep the updated battery stationary for at least 72 hours and then check the abnormality again by installing the battery in the aircraft. Contact DJI Support if the issue cannot be solved by updating.
  • Optimized a rare issue where the remaining battery capacity is inaccurate, which can avoid the problem of inconsistent battery capacity when compared with the actual battery capacity.
  • Optimized the battery data communication logic to avoid rare battery communication abnormalities that appear during flight.
  • Fixed an issue where one battery cannot supply power after powering on the aircraft.
  • Fixed an issue where the battery cannot be turned on after being installed on the aircraft right after it has been removed from the charger.
  • Optimized the servo control logic to avoid a rare issue where the servo is damaged due to excessive resistance when the landing gear is used at low temperatures.
  • Fixed an issue where the right dial would not set the camera exposure parameters (ISO/EI, shutter speed, and aperture) when using the Inspire 2standard remote controller as the Slave controller and Cendence as the Master controller.
  • Optimized control over the Inspire 2standard remote controller camera exposure parameters. Rotate the dial clockwise to increase the exposure and counter-clockwise to decrease it.
  • Updated the Fly Safe system by including the current location of the mobile device into flight restriction strategies.

Notes:
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to former versions.
  • When using the Inspire 2with the Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
  • Ensure both the Master and Slave remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4, then retry.
  • It is recommended to calibrate the sensors and vision systems to ensure that the aircraft is working optimally.

Reactions: CP Anson
The firmware does not show up when I start Go4, nor does it show up when I attach the I2 to Assistant 1.23. Has anyone successfully upgraded the firmware?

Installed the update - with two good batteries in. Turned everything off, then put in the one bad battery (cell error) with it's old pair. Booted up - got the cell error - but waited - eventually got a notice of firmware inconsistency - obviously because the batteries hadn't been updated - they weren't in the AC when I updated. Did the update. Cell error gone! Haven't flown yet though...

..adding: A few settings were changed in go, including some camera settings..check them all :)

Last edited:
Just completed two flights with new firmware. quick thoughts.....

1) Camera drift issue appears to be resolved.....previously all lenses would drift. wooohooooo. didn't change lenses so not certain its solved for all.
2) Anecdotally the craft appears to be more stable and responsive.
3) Sound of the landing gear transformation has changed.

Just completed two flights with new firmware. quick thoughts.....

1) Camera drift issue appears to be resolved.....previously all lenses would drift. wooohooooo. didn't change lenses so not certain its solved for all.
2) Anecdotally the craft appears to be more stable and responsive.
3) Sound of the landing gear transformation has changed.
Did you do the visual sensor calibration with the DJI metal B&W paterned board, as recommended with this FW updgrade? Have they fixed the previously non functional Yaw Smoothess in Follow Mode slider?

Did you do the visual sensor calibration with the DJI metal B&W paterned board, as recommended with this FW updgrade? Have they fixed the previously non functional Yaw Smoothess in Follow Mode slider?

Did not re-calibrate, I plan to do an IMU / Gimbal / Vision / Compass calibration this evening when i can get to a level surface.

Didn't test the yaw smoothness slider.

Did not re-calibrate, I plan to do an IMU / Gimbal / Vision / Compass calibration this evening when i can get to a level surface.

Didn't test the yaw smoothness slider.
Thanks. I am heading out shortly for a test flight with the new FW. I do not even see the slider anymore. Where is it now? Did the change the name of it?

Finally got it to load. Had to remove X5s and use X4s as the firmware update failed at 79/% (similar to prior firmware upload). Loaded firmware update in Cendence as well as batteries. Did not recalibrate.

Test flight fine, no problems. Check your settings as some have changed with the updates.

GO 4 app still indicates that the firmware on my Inspire 2 is up to date when it is not. Now the AC is V 01.01.0300 and the RC is V 01,01.0002, I'll check again tomorrow.

So the firmware installed and everything seemed fine, then I went to recharge the remote batteries and they won’t charge. After doing some troubleshooting, it’s definitely an issue with the new remote firmware. When I plug it in to charge, I hear this clicking noise every second or so. If I roll it back to the previous version, I can plug it and get just one click, followed by charging beginning. I then tried upgrading the firmware again and it returns to the continual 1click per second and no charging. Rolling back once again reverts to one lick followed by proper charging.

So the firmware installed and everything seemed fine, then I went to recharge the remote batteries and they won’t charge. After doing some troubleshooting, it’s definitely an issue with the new remote firmware. When I plug it in to charge, I hear this clicking noise every second or so. If I roll it back to the previous version, I can plug it and get just one click, followed by charging beginning. I then tried upgrading the firmware again and it returns to the continual 1click per second and no charging. Rolling back once again reverts to one lick followed by proper charging.
I fussed around, clicking a few times, unplugging the charger, and got the RC to charge with the new firmware.

Same here. Charger is not working with the RC after the new update. Don't hear any clicking though, it's just dead. Don't know if it's got enough juice to roll back either. Just frggin' fantastic!

DJI sure cannot get things right! Time to put in back in the closet until the next update, but the RC battery will likely be 100% dead then too. No doubt their plan so it will go off warranty by then to make more money.

I fussed around, clicking a few times, unplugging the charger, and got the RC to charge with the new firmware.

I found a workaround on one of the Facebook groups as well. Press the power button to bring up battery status and then plug it in and it will work. I’m guessing there’s still going to be an update.

Reactions: Casey53
I found a workaround on one of the Facebook groups as well. Press the power button to bring up battery status and then plug it in and it will work. I’m guessing there’s still going to be an update.
Got it to work. Thanks!

I pressed the Power Up button briefly and got one white LED on the RC, then quickly plugged the charger in before it went out and it seems to be charging up again.

I'll wait to see how it behaves when fully charged and if some other update is needed. It took me through a couple of "Failed Updates" and sending the data to DJI before it finally said everything is updated. I doubled checked it all after rebooting and nothing showed s being needed to update - just the RC is sort of wonky now with the charging.

On the main GO 4 screen where it says "Update required" in blue on the left upper part of the opening page, I found if I clicked the small "i" in the circle within it, it opens up another page that shows just what components it is updating along with their percentage done as well as the overall firmware percentage done (i.e. Two percentages shown.). This update did a lot to the Vision sensor camera, four IMUs, main camera, video processor, etc.

After this mess, I really wonder if anyone at DJI really checks these things with each update. Seems they always manage to mess up something else in the process. Surely they would have caught the charger error if it has happened to three of us here.

Update went through without a hitch, except the RC charging issue. I was able to get it start charging by single press the power button then plugging in the charger.

Update went through without a hitch, except the RC charging issue. I was able to get it start charging by single press the power button then plugging in the charger.
Hi, what power button are you talking about? the battery button to show the charge led level l?

Classic Frank and company...make the announcement about POI being available for I2 finally, well only after 4.2.14 GO APP update, which is “coming soon”.

Updated today. Found that the Landing gear precision won’t disable. I can toggle the switch in the preferences, but the aircraft still checks and halts before landing.
Also found an issue where the camera turns left immediately 90degrees. can not find out how to replicate. It happened on several landings when the landing gear was enabled and during a couple in air turns.
Two of my batteries updated with the initial update but I can not get any of my other sets to see the update.
Also unable to get my remote to see the update. Currently on 1.01.0002
Using CS monitor for control and settings

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez