Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 firmware (November 13, 2017)

Reaction score
Overview
  • Date: 2017.11.13
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0200
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0002
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.1.14 or above, Android V 4.1.14 or above

What’s New
  • Added support for the Zenmuse X7 gimbal and camera.
  • CineCore 2.1 now features an updated camera processing system, which can support the new DJI movie color system (including D-Log curves and D-Gamut Color Space) when used with Zenmuse X5S and X7.
  • Added new EI mode in Camera Settings, to make the camera operation style more compatible with other professional movie cameras. Please note that EI mode can only be turned on when both SD and SSD are enabled.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the camera restarts when used with a Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD automatic zoom lens.
  • Fixed a rare issue where image edge is deformed when using the Zenmuse X5S with some Olympus-made lenses.
  • Added an auto-focus function to both ActiveTrack and Spotlight modes. The camera will re-focus on the target when the distance between the target and aircraft changes.
  • Fixed a rare issue where aircraft acceleration slows down in TapFly mode.
  • Optimized gimbal yaw smoothness in Follow Mode.
  • Added gimbal pitch auto return to center in Landing Mode to avoid the gimbal touching the ground.
  • Added a remote controller customizable button to control gimbal pitch and pan rotating to center simultaneously. Latest remote controller firmware and DJI GO 4 versions are required.
  • Added DJI Goggles Head Tracking Flight and Head Tracking Gimbal.
  • Fixed an issue where the slave remote controller cannot control the gimbal when using both regular and Cendence remote controllers to work as master and slave.

Notes
  • It is recommended to update the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X7 at the same time.
  • Ensure that the remote controller is updated to the latest firmware version to activate all new features.
  • If a firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and DJI GO 4, then try again.

I just got the new Cendence RC and CrystalSky monitor 2 days ago and we installed an update on it that came out that day. Seems like DJI is sticking with their tradition of bringing out updates on a whim and rapid fire as we continue to beta test their products after they are launched.

Yup...could you elaborate on what doesn't work/ new problem they induced now? I found the notes on the update comical...especially the "rare" tap fly speed problem...I spoke with multiple I2 owners when I had that issue months ago and all of them had it...I guess I happened to find all the rare owners...I also should have bought a lottery ticket!

I just got the new Cendence RC and CrystalSky monitor 2 days ago and we installed an update on it that came out that day. Seems like DJI is sticking with their tradition of bringing out updates on a whim and rapid fire as we continue to beta test their products after they are launched.

Considering this is the first update since June for the Inspire 2 that’s pretty much a load poop.

The CS and Cendence have had a few updates but again nothing exactly rapid fire .

All the updates in the last week have been to bring features and fixes people wanted, specifically X7 support too, when they take 4 months people complain it’s too long and when it’s more regular people complain it’s too soon.

As you have just received those products is far from unusual not to have to update as things generally ship with older fw onboard.

are we able to control the tint of the white balance now too or has that been left out?

Can someone explain to me this new dji movie color system?

I upgraded my firmware and did not notice any option to use the new d log curves and d-gamut color space. When I recorded I raw and ran the files in Davinci, those options were not available either when I processed the raw files. Any ideas? Does the new color space get baked in only when you shoot in pro res and in the d log mode?

Im not seeing a any difference when selecting between pro res d-log, and prores Rec709 when adjusting the setting in the Video menu. It all looks d-log to me. When i deactivate the SSD i can then turn the look to standard.
Anyone else seeing this?

@utcinema I've never run in to any 30/50m limitations at all since I did the firmware update after .0330, and I've flown in some remote places and always without 'net access for DJI Go.

You won't be able to go back to .0330 as that's the one DJI pulled from their servers. The only way you can go back to that is by making a backup of your current firmware or downloading the unsupported (possibly hacked) versions.

@utcinema I've never run in to any 30/50m limitations at all since I did the firmware update after .0330, and I've flown in some remote places and always without 'net access for DJI Go.

You won't be able to go back to .0330 as that's the one DJI pulled from their servers. The only way you can go back to that is by making a backup of your current firmware or downloading the unsupported (possibly hacked) versions.
I'm using samsung tab pro with an old dji go 4 version and ipad mini 3 with a fresh dji go 4 version. So on ipad I'm getting message all the time that my flight altitude and distance will be restricted to 30/50 meters. But it can't block the drone going farther... I don't have internet connection while operating the drone.
I already did backup of my 0330 firmware using Dumldore

I'm using samsung tab pro with an old dji go 4 version and ipad mini 3 with a fresh dji go 4 version. So on ipad I'm getting message all the time that my flight altitude and distance will be restricted to 30/50 meters. But it can't block the drone going farther... I don't have internet connection while operating the drone.
I already did backup of my 0330 firmware using Dumldore

Hello, I think you are getting the message because you are not logged in to your account.

Reactions: Chris Grazioso
@utcinema you're getting the message because your iPad Go4 version is newer than the firmware in your I2. I'm pretty certain it wouldn't restrict you even when it says it will as I've a similar situation with my Phantom 4.

I fly both a P4 and an I2. My I2 is up to date on it's firmware (so is post 30/50m rule), my P4 isn't as DJI have made such a hash of the latest P4 update :( . With the latest iOS versions of Go4, I'll often get a warning telling me Go4 is restricting my flight area when I fly my P4, but which it then completely fails to enforce. With my I2, it's never ever mentioned the 30/50m restriction. Same tablet, same DJI Go 4, two different aircraft, one warns, the other doesn't, same end result - I can fly to 400ft and 500m each time.

Overview
  • Date: 2017.11.13
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0200
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0002
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.1.14 or above, Android V 4.1.14 or above

What’s New
  • Added support for the Zenmuse X7 gimbal and camera.
  • CineCore 2.1 now features an updated camera processing system, which can support the new DJI movie color system (including D-Log curves and D-Gamut Color Space) when used with Zenmuse X5S and X7.
  • Added new EI mode in Camera Settings, to make the camera operation style more compatible with other professional movie cameras. Please note that EI mode can only be turned on when both SD and SSD are enabled.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the camera restarts when used with a Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD automatic zoom lens.
  • Fixed a rare issue where image edge is deformed when using the Zenmuse X5S with some Olympus-made lenses.
  • Added an auto-focus function to both ActiveTrack and Spotlight modes. The camera will re-focus on the target when the distance between the target and aircraft changes.
  • Fixed a rare issue where aircraft acceleration slows down in TapFly mode.
  • Optimized gimbal yaw smoothness in Follow Mode.
  • Added gimbal pitch auto return to center in Landing Mode to avoid the gimbal touching the ground.
  • Added a remote controller customizable button to control gimbal pitch and pan rotating to center simultaneously. Latest remote controller firmware and DJI GO 4 versions are required.
  • Added DJI Goggles Head Tracking Flight and Head Tracking Gimbal.
  • Fixed an issue where the slave remote controller cannot control the gimbal when using both regular and Cendence remote controllers to work as master and slave.

Notes
  • It is recommended to update the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X7 at the same time.
  • Ensure that the remote controller is updated to the latest firmware version to activate all new features.
  • If a firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and DJI GO 4, then try again.
After upgrading I have noticed that the lens correction profile which used to be attached as a sidecar to DNG files is not there or it is not recognized by LR. When processing DNG files I need to add under Lens Correction tab in Manual Correction +24 to remove the barrel distortion but with that I loose fair bit of the image around edges. I think that this is a significant bug in this latest FW and needs to be corrected ASAP. The DNG files are pretty much uncorrectable for barrel distortion and thus almost unusable for subjects with straight lines such as buildings etc!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ProBowie
I was hoping for a more basic fix. The I2 does not remember your log settings when you change batteries. A pain if you are underoressure on a film set and forget to check it (which adds to the changeover time). Hot swap battery change is a pain too with that dual concentric button system that you can't push with fingers. Anyone developed a good technique?

Yes, easy. Simply use one hand to hold in a battery while using the other to depress both buttons. Then let go of the buttons and remove the battery that was ejected. Replace the battery and swap over, holding that one firmly in place while you push both buttons to eject the other battery. Once done, and as part of pre-flight checks, It is worth double checking both batteries are latched in place by applying firm backward pressure on them - the latch occasionally doesn't 'click' in even though the buttons appear to both be up.

Works 99% of the timer me, I only occasionally screw it up by not holding the battery in firmly enough. Then you just end up with a restart.

Just did the full update. The EI is going to take some getting use to as my usual Arri lot seem to make everything a bit red. Anyway that's not my question. I read the release nots and nowhere did I find mention of the "Couch" preference in the remote tab. If you turn it on if brings us a swipe to engage dialog. Any clue what it does?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell