Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 Firmware v01.01.0010

Reaction score
See below: Next version of DJI Go App coming soon. Hopefully the combination of hardware and firmware will fix the CPU FULL error, although it is not mentioned below.

Inspire 2 Release Notes
  • Date: 2017.06.26
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0010
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0001
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.1.2, Android V 4.1.2

What's New?
  • Updated no-fly zone management.
  • For increased safety, flights will now be restricted to a height of 30 m and a distance of 50 m when not connected and logged into DJI GO 4 or another third-party app compatible with DJI aircraft.
  • Added Dynamic Home Point, which allows the home point to update automatically based on remote controller's position when using the external GPS module.
  • Added Continuous Auto Focus (AF-C) for the Zenmuse X4S.
  • Fixed a rare issue where image signal couldn't be received after powering on.
  • Fixed an issue where videos taken with zoom lenses weren't saved to the SD card correctly.
  • Fixed a rare issue where SD card and SSD Looks didn't match.
  • Fixed an issue where black frames would occasionally appear in SSD video.
  • Fixed a rare issue where an update notification would still appear after completing an update successfully.
  • Improved chromatic aberration calibration for some lenses.
  • Improved gimbal stability for the Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6 lens.
  • Fixed an issue where SD cards couldn't be formatted in certain situations.
  • Added Intelligent Flight Battery auto-heating when charging in low temperatures.
  • Intelligent Flight Batteries will be compatible with Matrice 200 series aircraft and the Ronin 2 after this update.
  • Optimized image signal quality in some countries and regions.
  • Added Remote Obstacle Avoidance during Return to Home.* (Only for the Zenmuse X4S and Zenmuse X5S equipped with the DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH lens.)
  • DO NOT support to enter the Ground Station mode by using the remote control key combination

* Should be used with the next version of DJI GO 4 app which is coming soon.

Notes:
  • Make sure to restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and DJI GO 4, then try updating again.

The firmware upgrade process was interesting.
  1. First I received the firmware warning in the Go 4 App and chose to upgrade the firmware. It took just a few minutes.
  2. Then I shut it down (both controller and I2) and started it up again - no messages, so then shut it down.
  3. Started it up the third time and received a message for a firmware update again. This time it stated that the phone had to be directly connected to the I2. The upgrade listed several components sequentially and took about a half hour. I then reconnected the controller to iPad.
  4. Started it up again and noted a firmware mismatch - probably batteries. I proceeded and it took about another minute to complete.
  5. Changed batteries and the same process occurred.
  6. Overall it was smooth and proceeded without any issues.
I have not flown yet, but did notice a few things:
  1. Some settings have changed. Suggest checking all menus.
  2. My controller would typically disconnect from the I2 each time on startup (over the last few weeks) and I would have to reconnect. This no longer occurs.
  3. Using the manual focus wheel now enlarges the center area automatically. I could not get this to work previously.
Hope this helps and resolves the CPU Full issue. Will fly later today.

The firmware upgrade process was interesting.
  1. First I received the firmware warning in the Go 4 App and chose to upgrade the firmware. It took just a few minutes.
  2. Then I shut it down (both controller and I2) and started it up again - no messages, so then shut it down.
  3. Started it up the third time and received a message for a firmware update again. This time it stated that the phone had to be directly connected to the I2. The upgrade listed several components sequentially and took about a half hour. I then reconnected the controller to iPad.
  4. Started it up again and noted a firmware mismatch - probably batteries. I proceeded and it took about another minute to complete.
  5. Changed batteries and the same process occurred.
  6. Overall it was smooth and proceeded without any issues.
I have not flown yet, but did notice a few things:
  1. Some settings have changed. Suggest checking all menus.
  2. My controller would typically disconnect from the I2 each time on startup (over the last few weeks) and I would have to reconnect. This no longer occurs.
  3. Using the manual focus wheel now enlarges the center area automatically. I could not get this to work previously.
Hope this helps and resolves the CPU Full issue. Will fly later today.

I just did mine also, I see there was a battery update. I suppose I will have to do my other 14 also.

Yes, beware that there is a battery update included in this release so you'll need to update all the batteries you have too - it provides compatability for existing TB50's with the M200 and new Ronin and also enables the battery heater to warm up te battery if it's being recharged in cold conditions. Clue is in the firmware notes above ;)

Great News!

Updated the firmware and the batteries this morning.

Just took the Inspire 2 for a spin.

Flew the exact same route as previously noted, filming at the same prior settings - 5k ProRes Log with no CPU FULL errors. This is the first time since the most recent Go 4 update with no errors.

At the end of the flight, I checked the app settings and did notice that I had to pair the batteries again. No problem.

While one test may not suffice, I experienced CPU full errors and single frame glitches on EVERY flight since the last Go 4 update. So far, the error appears to be corrected. Time will tell.

Hope this helps the other forum members experiencing the same problem.

Thanks to all of you for posting to the prior error thread that hopefully got DJI's attention.

Thank you, DJI!

Yes, beware that there is a battery update included in this release so you'll need to update all the batteries you have too - it provides compatability for existing TB50's with the M200 and new Ronin and also enables the battery heater to warm up te battery if it's being recharged in cold conditions. Clue is in the firmware notes above ;)

I did the update and am installing my other batteries and I am seeing no update needed.

If you are using an IOS device, suggest shutting the Go 4 app down with a double tap, and then restarting the app with the new batteries.

I did have to update the firmware on each set of batteries.

Reactions: SanCap
Everything updated fine for me on mine with the X5S and an Olympus 17mm lens on it - it did however take nearly 20 minutes to do! 1 set of batteries were also updated as well as the controller.

Issue, it asks to update the database every power cycle. - Crystal Sky
Anyone using the Crystal Sky monitor after this update? On every power cycle I get a "data update" notification on the main screen.
To update with the Crystal Sky monitor you need to unplug the USB from the controller and into the I2. Yes I know it is a short cable but it is a very short update.
UPDATE:
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH CRYSTAL SKY. 100ft MAX height /distance

waiting for update for my CrystalSky bricks.

Last edited:
So if I don't have internet connection on my tablet, It won't fly over 30/50 meter distance? Have anyone checked this?

Good question. That one hit me between the eyes too. What happens if you have no internet connection where you are flying???
Or does this mean a connection between the I2 and your tablet or phone running DJI GO 4 ???

Thanks for any clarifiction. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan