Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire Pro Owner seeking help re lens choice

Reaction score
Website
www.flyinghorseimaging.co.uk
Hi,

Next Monday I pick up my new Inspire Pro with its 15 mm f1.7 lens and I was wondering what were the main reasons those that have bought the Olympus 12mm f2 in addition to the stock lens that comes with the Pro? I have read many favourable comments about the Olympus lens but they both have similar focal lengths?

Michael

Reactions: Terry Lowe
Thanks, Richard. Although I have read great things about the Olympus lens, its close proximity to the DJI 15mm seems like duplication.

Yes the Focal length is almost Identical. I'm not sure if it's to do with the fact the 15mm came from DJI that they have put more testing into it but it seems easier to calibrate and sharper. My advice currently is to shoot in "None" style and not D-Log as the results are not good in D-Log currently, DJI are aware of the video quality issues and everyone is awaiting a fix. I've been able to get good sharp results in "None" and custom settings of +1 sharpness

Yes the Focal length is almost Identical. I'm not sure if it's to do with the fact the 15mm came from DJI that they have put more testing into it but it seems easier to calibrate and sharper. My advice currently is to shoot in "None" style and not D-Log as the results are not good in D-Log currently, DJI are aware of the video quality issues and everyone is awaiting a fix. I've been able to get good sharp results in "None" and custom settings of +1 sharpness

Thanks again, very useful info. I am now thinking I should look for a mid focal length lens, perhaps 25 mm, approximating to my 50 mm prime I use with my Canon 5d iii.

Michael

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters