Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire - Problems.....

rtg

Reaction score
Got a "D" version last week and was setting it up today. Have had a Phantom2 Vision + and now a Phantom 3 Pro. So I get the procedure.

Getting it setup I updated RC and aircraft to 1.5.0.30. The results was "successful" in all cases. After all of that it get multi-colored lights from the tail, red, blue, yellow, and green. Flashes these colors and does the double beep. Camera goes limp. It has never flown. Can not get the motors to arm. Can not get the Go App to connect. However, I do get a green light on the RC and I can control the landing gear. I can put them down for gimbal attachment and back to storage position.

Have two batteries both behave the same.

Did firmware downgrade and got the same result. Upgraded again and the same.

So any thoughts on what to try next or just it box up and send it back?

Thanks,

Rob

Got a "D" version last week and was setting it up today. Have had a Phantom2 Vision + and now a Phantom 3 Pro. So I get the procedure.

Getting it setup I updated RC and aircraft to 1.5.0.30. The results was "successful" in all cases. After all of that it get multi-colored lights from the tail, red, blue, yellow, and green. Flashes these colors and does the double beep. Camera goes limp. It has never flown. Can not get the motors to arm. Can not get the Go App to connect. However, I do get a green light on the RC and I can control the landing gear. I can put them down for gimbal attachment and back to storage position.

Have two batteries both behave the same.

Did firmware downgrade and got the same result. Upgraded again and the same.

So any thoughts on what to try next or just it box up and send it back?

Thanks,

Rob
Question? Have you removed the success txt file from the root directory of the sd card? Also, how is it possible to upgrade RC if you are unable to connect to the Go App?

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding files from the root directory. Each time I attempted to perform an upgrade or downgrade I formatted the SD Card to ensure no extraneous files were present.

The controller was updated via the USB port.

I can not say what the starting version was as I was not able to connect the Go App on initial power up. I read that the version of the Go App may require an update to the firmware in order to connect. So updated to 1.5.0.30.

In all cases, including the controller, the results were "successful".

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding files from the root directory. Each time I attempted to perform an upgrade or downgrade I formatted the SD Card to ensure no extraneous files were present.

The controller was updated via the USB port.

I can not say what the starting version was as I was not able to connect the Go App on initial power up. I read that the version of the Go App may require an update to the firmware in order to connect. So updated to 1.5.0.30.

In all cases, including the controller, the results were "successful".

Thanks,

Rob
Have you tried to power up the I1 with out sd card inserted after upgrade? Do you still get the multi colored tail light status?

Have you tried to power up the I1 with out sd card inserted after upgrade? Do you still get the multi colored tail light status?

Yes, I have powered it up without the SD Card and get the same multi-colored lights.

Thanks,

Rob

Update....

I got it working.

What I learned applies to new or a unit that has not been used in a while and more than one update has come and gone. Perhaps everyone else know this but I did not see this information anywhere I looked.

I should point out the my unit was built in June 2015.

Getting the controller to connect to the Go App first is key. In my case it appears that the controller factory installed firmware would not connect to the latest version of the Go App. So I updated through the USB port to version 1.5.x.x. The report was "success". However, it would not connect to the current version of the Go App. The controller firmware can not be downgraded. Searching forums I found some similar situations where folks could not connect to either iOS or Android tablets. The solution here was to install controller firmware gs_ofdm.bin (found by doing a search). This firmware resets the controller firmware to baseline. Next, I installed controller firmware version 1.3.x.x from the DJI website. At this point the Go App connected to the controller. With this version you upgrade to version 1.5 from the Go App directly. All worked as expected. Now to the aircraft.

It's condition was the status indicator LED flashing all colors of the rainbow, camera gimbal limp, doing the double beep, and moving with each beep. I had the latest firmware version 1.5.x.x installed using normal means, i.e. SD Card in the camera.

The controller remained linked to the aircraft. Now with the Go App working had, as expected, a notice that the IMU needed calibration and the MC could not communicate with the camera and to check the 8 pin connection at the camera mount. Checking the connection message seemed a little strange so did not look at that first. Started the IMU calibration. As typical took about 12 minutes and cleared the status LED flashing plus the camera beeping and pulsing. Once complete I was able to now arm the motors, got video, it's ready to go.

Charging batteries for the maiden flight.

Hope this experience helps someone else.

Rob

Good
Update....

I got it working.

What I learned applies to new or a unit that has not been used in a while and more than one update has come and gone. Perhaps everyone else know this but I did not see this information anywhere I looked.

I should point out the my unit was built in June 2015.

Getting the controller to connect to the Go App first is key. In my case it appears that the controller factory installed firmware would not connect to the latest version of the Go App. So I updated through the USB port to version 1.5.x.x. The report was "success". However, it would not connect to the current version of the Go App. The controller firmware can not be downgraded. Searching forums I found some similar situations where folks could not connect to either iOS or Android tablets. The solution here was to install controller firmware gs_ofdm.bin (found by doing a search). This firmware resets the controller firmware to baseline. Next, I installed controller firmware version 1.3.x.x from the DJI website. At this point the Go App connected to the controller. With this version you upgrade to version 1.5 from the Go App directly. All worked as expected. Now to the aircraft.

It's condition was the status indicator LED flashing all colors of the rainbow, camera gimbal limp, doing the double beep, and moving with each beep. I had the latest firmware version 1.5.x.x installed using normal means, i.e. SD Card in the camera.

The controller remained linked to the aircraft. Now with the Go App working had, as expected, a notice that the IMU needed calibration and the MC could not communicate with the camera and to check the 8 pin connection at the camera mount. Checking the connection message seemed a little strange so did not look at that first. Started the IMU calibration. As typical took about 12 minutes and cleared the status LED flashing plus the camera beeping and pulsing. Once complete I was able to now arm the motors, got video, it's ready to go.

Charging batteries for the maiden flight.

Rob
Good to see you got it sorted out. Enjoy your new bird and happy flying!

Maiden flight was perfect.

Logged 16 minutes of flight time and 6200' distance traveled. Battery life remaining was approximately 40%. The TB47 batteries seem pretty solid. Not sure that it is worth it to go with the TB48 but that's a different discussion.

Rob

Maiden flight was perfect.

Logged 16 minutes of flight time and 6200' distance traveled. Battery life remaining was approximately 40%. The TB47 batteries seem pretty solid. Not sure that it is worth it to go with the TB48 but that's a different discussion.

Rob

Glade to hear you got it sorted... :cool:

After draining all my TB47's (2) and TB48's (4) yesterday to calibrate them... :oops:
I was again reminded how much longer a TB48 will go then a TB47... o_O
it's something you WILL notice if flown back to back... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Bird
Glade to hear you got it sorted... :cool:

After draining all my TB47's (2) and TB48's (4) yesterday to calibrate them... :oops:
I was again reminded how much longer a TB48 will go then a TB47... o_O
it's something you WILL notice if flown back to back... :)
Agreed! You add 3 to 5 minutes of flight time when using the TB48, However you must consider the extra weight of more battery as well into the equation. more maneuvers with the I1 mean less flight time. Get where you need to be fast and get your shots then. Enjoy the video you will get at that last minute using the TB48.

Update....

I got it working.

.../...

Rob

thnx 4 sharing , hope i don't need it

Thanks for sharing the battery comments.
We always keep 2 T47s and 3 T48s ready and really notice that the 3-5 minutes more we get with the 48s are well worth it.

If you can share what other Forum sites you search for Inspire I would appreciate it and thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide