Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Spotlight installed!

Reaction score
I just finished installing a new headlight/spot light on my Inspire 1.. (The pilot in my wants to call it a landing light though) it is very bright! The night video I took from the ground doesn't do it justice though.. I wish the remote worked a little further away but overall I'm happy! I ordered it from mydronelight.com

fa2f58383631fa2f27a32678a6e24d9e.jpg

9d32dbdb74e411353bc23d9909b15bb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RDTech and badbiggz
I just finished installing a new headlight/spot light on my Inspire 1.. (The pilot in my wants to call it a landing light though) it is very bright! The night video I took from the ground doesn't do it justice though.. I wish the remote worked a little further away but overall I'm happy! I ordered it from mydronelight.com

Does that light have a metal body?
How are your compass mods with that thing in the way?

I didn't do anything. With the compass and it is metal.. It seems to be working ok so far. With no issue with the compass..

Nice! How many lumens? Does it have a distance rating (ie 150m)?

No distance rating but it is 3900 lumens.. (6 watt). It will light up the ground from 75 feet up.. It can be seen in day light as far as I can fly away.. I'm still working to get the video I took of it posted... The video I posted above is obviously me in my airplane the other night!

No distance rating but it is 3900 lumens.. (6 watt). It will light up the ground from 75 feet up.. It can be seen in day light as far as I can fly away.. I'm still working to get the video I took of it posted... The video I posted above is obviously me in my airplane the other night!

Cool. I installed this guy using 3M Dual Lock. Only 770 lumens but it's rated at 150m, is focused and works great. A friend has two of these mounted side by side and uses them for active SAR / first responder work.

Searchlight Test | DJI Inspire Forum

It has a remote but only works about 15 feet away.. Do you have a remote for yours? I am trying to figure out how to increase range

It has a remote but only works about 15 feet away.. Do you have a remote for yours? I am trying to figure out how to increase range

No remote activation no. I just turn it on and fly.

Shot of it attached:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448589577.447647.jpg

Btw, these are great strobes if you wanted high powered strobes in addition to the searchlight.

Lezyne Zecto Drive Pro Light Black/Hi Gloss, One Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUQKJHO/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448589493.757937.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448589526.757668.jpg

Reactions: RDTech
No remote activation no. I just turn it on and fly.

Shot of it attached:

Btw, these are great strobes if you wanted high powered strobes in addition to the searchlight.

Lezyne Zecto Drive Pro Light Black/Hi Gloss, One Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUQKJHO/

I have one of these strobes from Amazon but have not figured out the best way to attach it to the bird yet.
Could you please share your method for fixing it to the Inspire 1?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: RDTech
I have one of these strobes from Amazon but have not figured out the best way to attach it to the bird yet.
Could you please share your method for fixing it to the Inspire 1?

Thanks in advance.

Removed the metal ring and cut off the clip. Then attached 3M Dual Lock.

Reactions: JoeyJoe
Indiana, I am interested in the same nosecone mounted light. Looking at the 3900 and 4500 lux versions at mydronelight.
They are quick to repond to questions by email but quite terse.

Can the focus be changed, and does your model effect handling at all?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I know this is an old post, maybe Indiana is not checking back, ok...but why do you hardly every sees movies or pics of these floodlights in action, I mean how useful are they as search lights??? I have seen one crazy vid on youtube with some guys 100watt led rig, but hardly anything else of use showing ground lighting from an airborne quad. It makes it much more difficult to make a purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG