Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NEW TITAN COCKPIT

Reaction score
i wanted to start a discussion, a catch all if you will on the just released TITAN COCKPIT GROUND STATION. the titan cockpit has been released for the dji inspire 1, phantom 3 adv/pro, phantom 4/ 4pro, matrice 600, & matrice 100. it is my understanding that they are planning a possible release for the i2. this unit is different from prior titan products as it actually is your rc. you can ship them your rc or they can supply the dji rc components to build the cockpit. the benefits include, obviously the titan booster system, selectable controller sound volume, built in sun shield, magnetic tablet mount, drone cruise control, and if you ask they can add a second battery for all day use. if this thread gets any activity i have asked jim at titan to come on to answer specific questions. here is a link to the introduction video. (
). the price of the cockpit starts at $799usd. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• TITAN COCKPIT.png
    TITAN COCKPIT.png
    603.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Watched the video, other than the "cool" factor can't see spending $800 for this, plus need to add a table or tripod to your flight gear. I do a lot of moving around at construction sites, this is not very helpful. Just my two cents.

by "cool factor" if you mean twice the range or more and twice the battery life of the stock rc, all for about the price of a cendence controller then yeh i love the "cool factor". i never said this is for everyone, or everyone needs this. next weekend i am working an outdoor velodrome event in an area congested with interference from cell towers, crowd cell phones and a municipal airport. the titan antennas cut through the clutter like nothing else i have used. for me it's all about safety, and protecting my investment.

Last edited:
Hey, you asked for opinions. It's all about the end goal. If it works for you, then it is worth it. I don't need "twice the range." And I've never flown so long the controller battery died. I didn't say it was worthless. If you need it get it.
PS- if you are going to ask for opinions, don't get testy when we give 'em...

licenced pilot - sorry if i came across as combative, it was not my intension. i just don't like the term "cool factor". it sounds like someone would purchase this to be a poser. i don't need the range. i am not comfortable if i cant see the drone. it's just a valuable tool if you fly in urban areas.

bluecollarsky, during the development of this product people voiced the extra battery option to add value to the product which was odopted. since titan builds these per request you might be able to contact them and have those installed.

thanks guys! i spoke with james at titan today and sent him the link to those joysticks and asked for his input. he actually has done those for a custom build and will get back with me on monday about doing these on my build. BlueCollarSky, thanks for the suggestion.

I think this is great for police fire security and any other time you have a fixed base location. Additionally I do a lot of tv shows and movies we don’t move around the set and are usually flying, taking off and landing from one specific location in the set. So as a base station with extra range and a brighter screen I can definitely see all the valuable uses it has. I’ve done ham radio practice drills. The radio operators set up powerful base stations and also have operators using hand held transceivers. Both make sense and both fill different needs. Which is how I see this product.

I will know soon if he can use my Cendence and make it work with my I2 in his case ,, should know in a week or so. I have most of the Titan products now and there wonderful.
and that is my 2 cents :)

i wanted to start a discussion, a catch all if you will on the just released TITAN COCKPIT GROUND STATION. the titan cockpit has been released for the dji inspire 1, phantom 3 adv/pro, phantom 4/ 4pro, matrice 600, & matrice 100. it is my understanding that they are planning a possible release for the i2. this unit is different from prior titan products as it actually is your rc. you can ship them your rc or they can supply the dji rc components to build the cockpit. the benefits include, obviously the titan booster system, selectable controller sound volume, built in sun shield, magnetic tablet mount, drone cruise control, and if you ask they can add a second battery for all day use. if this thread gets any activity i have asked jim at titan to come on to answer specific questions. here is a link to the introduction video. (
). the price of the cockpit starts at $799usd. what do you guys think?

For uses outlined above, this Cockpit is a great setup!
On a smaller platform, I added the Titan Switch unit with multiple mounts to fit the various RC's in my inventory. Added a few antenna options after a few discussions with the Titan team. I agree on the amplification not focused on range but reliable stable signal in congested RF environments. Titan expressed their goal was signal stability, not range... although greatly increasing range was a by-product of obtaining the reliable signal.
In some environments, I've noticed little glitches in both control or video in relatively very short range. Adding the Titan Switch amplification setup basically removes the concern the bird will take a self designated flight path. Even with amp off, the antennas are a big improvement.

Great looking Case Kit!

I realize that I'm new here, but since an opinion was solicited, well, here goes:

Solid bling factor - says "Gee, I've got too much money" all over it, unless, as another poster stated, you're police/fire/EMS/studio work. For the field pilot, I can't see the use.

As a "non-fixed base operations" flier, there is no way that I'd use this or spend the $ for it. Too big, and I would have to be seated or use a tripod for this unit. For the disabled pilot, I might see the use...

I'm struggling with the concept of the long range antennae for US pilots... because if it's out of visual range from the RPIC (that's Remote Pilot In Command), the RPIC is in violation of Federal regulations. If you're using a spotter, they're supposed to be at your side or in your immediate vicinity. Part 336 or 107, you're through from a legal aspect if you have a mishap. Actually, as the RPIC you're through, mishap or not, if you get reported.

A button to silence the battery warning... not smart. If I was pushing F-16's across the skies, I would not appreciate it if I lost my situational awareness and Betty never stated "Bingo... Bingo" for the fuel warning.

I'm all about small business and it is a fine looking, albeit bulky product. I hope they do well with sales. As an engineer now, there are some key things I would change though from a safety and size standpoint.

Cheers,

Kev

Reactions: LevitatedMedia
I'm struggling with the concept of the long range antennae for US pilots... because if it's out of visual range from the RPIC (that's Remote Pilot In Command), the RPIC is in violation of Federal regulations. If you're using a spotter, they're supposed to be at your side or in your immediate vicinity. Part 336 or 107, you're through from a legal aspect if you have a mishap. Actually, as the RPIC you're through, mishap or not, if you get reported.

EXCEPT under Part 107 a trained observer(s) is not required to be co-located with the RPIC if they have a reliable means to immediately communicate (i.e. radios)...seen it with BVLOS waiver operations.

Fly safe!

Reactions: licensed pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido