Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NEW to the Drone world - Ideas as to where to buy in Australia

Reaction score
Hi, I am brand spanking NEW to the Drone world and Im hoping if anyone can shed any light as to which I should invest in, the Mavic or the Inspire. It seems the Mavic is a lot smaller and easier to manage. However, it seems the Inspire has a lot more capabilities for better reception and quality of pictures and video. Would that be about right?

Hi, I am brand spanking NEW to the Drone world and Im hoping if anyone can shed any light as to which I should invest in, the Mavic or the Inspire. It seems the Mavic is a lot smaller and easier to manage. However, it seems the Inspire has a lot more capabilities for better reception and quality of pictures and video. Would that be about right?
Yes, that'll be about right ... You have basically 4 ways to deal with your dilemma without extensive research before purchase:
1. Buy expensive Inspire 2, enjoy wonderful imagery and powerful flying performance for approx. 1 week before crashing her.
2. Buy less expensive/impressive Mavic 2, enjoy nice imagery and less wow-ing flight parameters for approx. 1 week before crashing her.
3. Buy cheapest Mavic Mini, firstly learn well about her limitations and shortcomings, finally fly the hell out of her in all possible modes before crashing.
4. Eventually buy Inspire 2 after you learn most of the tricks involved with drones, gain enough confidence piloting and have a contract with George Lucas signed.

Benefits of such approach are obvious. If you crash cheap drone, grieving will be less severe. If you're lucky and survive without crashing (unlikely), you'll end up with two drones. One for practicing/taking selfies, and Inspire 2 for filming next Star Wars episode :) ...

I recently got into the drone gig, in my opinion unless you have deep pockets is to go for the Mavic 2 , check out Kogan they had some real good deals going, that’s where I got mine. I think crashes are inevitable being novices, but so far only needed to buy new blades. Practice in a nice open field and get used to flying it before trying to get adventurous. It is great fun. However check out the casa web page for rule and regs before buying, Australia has so many laws on flying and where you can enjoy this hobby.
Good luck

If the funding isn’t an issue, buy both. The m2 is a very good product but the interchangeable lens feature on the Inspire2 has some advantages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamwalker4963