Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New X3 camera on inspire 1 pro

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just picked up a new osmo with the X3 camera. Plan was to swap the stock X3 lens for a NDVI lens in the X3.

I currently have the inspire pro with a X5. I just put the X3 camera on the inspire 1 pro and booted up for test. Everything on the inspire 1 is up to date. Upon booting up the inspire the X3 camera doesn't do its gimbal roll, gimbal status says ok however. It did say I need to update camera firmware. I tried to to a gimbal calibration as well but gimbal doesn't move for some reason. Is this a firmware issue? Should the X3 get its firmware automatically from the inspire?

update:

Nevermind it appears OSMO camera only works with OSMO and not with Inspire. They could of designed it to work on both but of course not. Will just send it back...

Last edited:
This is a shame as I also wanted to use the Osmo x3 on the inspire pro for test flights and recon flights so not to risk the x5 when not needed.
Ive been hanging on to see if any updates came but now looking to buy a standard x3, DJI should state this as it was my intention when I bought the osmo

OK, have updated the firmware to latest and X5 works fine, when I put on the X3 seems to go thru the motions but Go App state to update firmware which does not seem to work, camera is also not able to take images or video... Any ideas?

You must put the current Inspire 1 (non-pro) firmware on a card in the X3, and run an upgrade with that.

OK I've done that but still get the upgrade message with the X3...... Downloaded both firmware's and both seem the same?
inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.8.1.00
Inspire 1 Firmware v1.8.1.00
any other thoughts?...
the firmware is the same but each file contains different camera/gimbal data so you must used the correct firmware for the camera and gimbal that is on the inspire at the time of update.
The app can get confused so needs reboot but the camera is updated from the sd card in the craft

I'm a bit lost with the above. If often switching back and forth between the X5 and X3 will there be any need to keep changing or downgrading any of the FW? I just want to install FW and have the ability to changes cameras at any time.

I'm a bit lost with the above. If often switching back and forth between the X5 and X3 will there be any need to keep changing or downgrading any of the FW? I just want to install FW and have the ability to changes cameras at any time.
You can.
Just make sure your firmware is up to date.
You can swap cameras without any problems.

Is the FW the same for both the Inspire 1 and Pro? If not, am I able to have both versions of FW installed?

Is the FW the same for both the Inspire 1 and Pro? If not, am I able to have both versions of FW installed?
no the firmware is not the same, inspire 1 fw is for the x3
inspire pro fw is for the x5.
but where you are getting confused is this:
The inspire airframe (craft) is the same firmware in both the inspire 1 fw and the inspire pro fw, the only difference within the .bin file is the camera fw.
eg, regardless if you own a inspire 1 or inspire 1 pro, when you have the x3 camera connected to the gimbal you use the inspire 1 standard fw
if you have the x5 connected to the gimbal, you use the inspire 1 pro fw. Hope this makes sense.
the go app sees the camera to determine the craft... I have a pro but if i put the x3 camera on then i use the standard inspire fw and the app sees it as just an inspire 1
if you put an x5 on a standard inspire, then treat it as a pro.

Reactions: The Editor
I think I've got it Chris, when I receive the Pro tomorrow, I should use the lates FW for the Pro. When I receive my x3 camera a few days later, I should mount that and use the latest non-pro FW version at which point it really is only updating the camera since the craft is already complete along with x5. Does this sound correct?

Reactions: chris digata

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla