Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

News from the DJI/Hasselblad partnership

Interesting. Seems like this would have a very limited appeal, primarily for inspections and high altitude photography. Not sure I would want to plop down that kind of cash for a imaging system with locked focus at infinity but, obviously there must be a market for this type of platform.

Hmmmm......can't help but feel yet again, DJI have 'not really got it right'
OK, the reason it is a stills only platform is because Hasselblad know dog poo about being able to record video. Nuff said.
Now, the interesting bit is DJI advertise it as having "the worlds best optics" - Really? I don't think so.
The thing is, anyone (presumably) who is going to drop $4k on glass would know a little something about what they are actually buying. There are better lenses out there.
Wide open at f3.5? - Hmmmm.
Locked to infinity - more Hmmmm.
As comments above - I see VERY limited market for this.
DJI have emptied both barrels in their foot again.

Reactions: damoncooper
There is a huge market for aerial photography. I have been using this identical setup for over 2 years using an H4D 60MP and a modified 50mm locked to infinity. And you aren't limited to normal still photos if you know what you are doing with this, there are many other uses that you can have wit ha still camera if you know how to do them.

Definitely not for everyone, but the other people who need this will be probably be covering the whole cost of this setup with the sale of a single print. The attached photo is much more recent with the hasselblad mounted to my alta, but we have been doing the same thing on a CS8 HL.

That said I am pretty disappointed with the DJI/Hsselblad partnership. Its been a thing for 8 months now and they just now stuck a camera onto an M600.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-07-12 11.11.48.png
    Screenshot 2016-07-12 11.11.48.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters