Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nexus 9 owners, are you happy with your tablet's performance?

Reaction score
This isn't a 'which tablet should I buy?" thread. I did my searching, and it sounds like some folks like the Nexus 9, and others aren't too happy with it...

To those of you who fly with the Nexus 9, how happy are you with the video feed you get from your I1? Do you notice any lag AT ALL when flying?

I currently use one of my FPV monitors as I get zero video lag, but it would be nice to not have to cart a tripod and power supply around for the monitor. I've got a buddy willing to donate a Nexus 9 to me, but I don't want to take it if I'm going to see lag with it (I would rather him be able to sell it, unless I know I can put it to good use). I don't want to give up the seamless and lag-free feed that I have with my FPV monitor.

Please let me know if you experience any lag with your Nexus 9. Thanks!

Since it's a friend, why not just try it out for a week? If you don't like it, give it back so he can sell it. It wouldn't take very long to figure that out. Make sure you enable hardware decoding and disable all the google services stuff if you see any latency issues. I think those two issues are the primary problems I've heard about with Android setups.

Unfortunately for me, my friend lives clear across the country, so I'd be looking to pay to ship it out here. Not that I'm opposed to that, I was just hoping to get some reports from folks that are already using the tablet. :) Good points on the google services and hardware decoding though.

I bought a Nexus 9 for the inspire but was never happy with it. Sold it and bought a Apple Air 2 - never looked back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk