Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NO Gimbal pitch smooth on Inspire 1??????

Reaction score

Lgpproducciones
Argentina

1#
I still can not believe it !!!! How came this function exist for Phantom 3 and is not available for Inspire 1 ??? Come on DJI !!! What is going on?

I bought my Inspire to work but smooth pitch is a MUST have for video work !! Any ideas or upgrade coming up soon ?

Lgpproducciones
Argentina

1#
I still can not believe it !!!! How came this function exist for Phantom 3 and is not available for Inspire 1 ??? Come on DJI !!! What is going on?

I bought my Inspire to work but smooth pitch is a MUST have for video work !! Any ideas or upgrade coming up soon ?
NO idea where you are talking about,but the gimbal is adjustable by your app.It's just a matter of reading your manual

So if you have NO idea what i am talking about then Do not talk !!! i read the manual, do you?

Search on Google but when you connect a Phantom 3 Pro on the APP there is and option call
Gimbal pitch smooth, and what that does is easy in and easy out what i mean is if you are moving your camera up or down when you release the wheel the gimbal stops smoothly, and that is what you need in order to get nice and pro look videos. Zenmuse 3D has it too !! they just release that option on last Naza V2 upgrade

Thanks Joola, but this is ridiculous don t you think? a supposed more professional tool that not have what a Phantom 3 does? it doesn t make sense ...

Hi Irish, yep, i agree with you on that one .... but if you are a 1 person crew flying on a tight space surrounding by buildings, my good, you have lots of things to worry about so that simple upgrade that already exist on they other platforms would make our life's easier ...

Reactions: IrishSights

Lgpproducciones
Argentina

1#

I have seen people do modifications to their remote controllers on youtube to achieve this effect. Are you absolutely positive that the p3 has this built in? The reason I ask is because one of the YouTube videos I saw was to modify the controller of a p3.

Hi Irish, yep, i agree with you on that one .... but if you are a 1 person crew flying on a tight space surrounding by buildings, my good, you have lots of things to worry about so that simple upgrade that already exist on they other platforms would make our life's easier ...
The question is should you be operating in tight spaces on your own? Surely, you should have a separate camera operator. What is the minimum distance are you allowed from buildings?

Reactions: Kilrah
The question is should you be operating in tight spaces on your own? Surely, you should have a separate camera operator. What is the minimum distance are you allowed from buildings?

That is not the point my friend ! i just can not understand why a simple easy to add function that is already in the app for Phantom can not be add or unlock for Inspire users .... is that too much to ask?

I have seen people do modifications to their remote controllers on youtube to achieve this effect. Are you absolutely positive that the p3 has this built in? The reason I ask is because one of the YouTube videos I saw was to modify the controller of a p3.

I do ! i try it today !! in fact a guy from this forum suggest me to use android version app, set my gimbal with that and then continue to use ipad if i want to, but did not work, when you connect the Inspire 1 the Gimbal Pitch Smooth option does not appear ..

So if you have NO idea what i am talking about then Do not talk !!! i read the manual, do you?
Well you did ask a question and when you're on a forum you can expect answers.
Based on your question this was the only answer I could give.Maybe next time you can clarify what you want.(oh and I did read the manaul)
But I have just done a similiar job and on my own.I did make some waypoints and stored them.Let the Inspire do it's job and concentrate on working with the camera.It's not ideal but it works.

Reactions: Kilrah
Hi Scott. I respectfully object to your comments. He is asking about how to smoothly control the pitch of his gimbal and you are questioning where he should fly.

Well you did ask a question and when you're on a forum you can expect answers.
Based on your question this was the only answer I could give.Maybe next time you can clarify what you want.(oh and I did read the manaul)
But I have just done a similiar job and on my own.I did make some waypoints and stored them.Let the Inspire do it's job and concentrate on working with the camera.It's not ideal but it works.

Yep, i tried that already, but the problem waypoints have is that at the last one the inspire does not stop smooth either ..

I do ! i try it today !! in fact a guy from this forum suggest me to use android version app, set my gimbal with that and then continue to use ipad if i want to, but did not work, when you connect the Inspire 1 the Gimbal Pitch Smooth option does not appear ..

Thanks but no way i will open my Radio. I think i am asking for a really simple upgrade that already exist and Phantom 3 users used ...

Yep, i tried that already, but the problem waypoints have is that at the last one the inspire does not stop smooth either ..
I solved this by flipping the F switch to Atti mode just before I reached the last waypoint.Argentina is a bit to far but otherwise we could have done the job with the two of us.;)
And lower your speed is also helpful so the Inspire stops very slowly.(braking is also adjustable by your app)

Get better at using the wheel. I do not find this to be a real problem; it can be controlled quite effectively as is.
Yes I have a Phantom 3 as well and see no real advantage of the 'pitch smooth' setting. Maybe you shouldn't book gigs with high end clients if you are certain the footage will 'look like crap' because the controls are actually responsive.

Last edited:
Reactions: huppe
Hi Scott. I respectfully object to your comments. He is asking about how to smoothly control the pitch of his gimbal and you are questioning where he should fly.
I am not sure what he is asking. Perhaps if he wrote in english it would help. If between his ridiculous statements he is asking how to pitch the gimbal then that feature is already available on the Inspire 1 using the left front gimbal control. If he finds the rate too much the the gain can be adjusted to make it more controllable.

Reactions: huppe
I am not sure what he is asking. Perhaps if he wrote in english it would help. If between his ridiculous statements he is asking how to pitch the gimbal then that feature is already available on the Inspire 1 using the left front gimbal control. If he finds the rate too much the the gain can be adjusted to make it more controllable.

Maybe if you "don't know what he is asking" it would be better to ask first and keep your opinions to yourself....or don't comment at all. Too much of that on this forum.

Reactions: pepeticos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah