Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Pause in Waypoint mode?

Reaction score
Website
vimeopro.com
Using Waypoint mode in DJI GO app. Can input plot points and fly the mission, but there is no PAUSE button on screen, as is shown in a number of tutorials. I am flying an Inspire Pro with latest firmware and DJI GO updates.

Using Waypoint mode in DJI GO app. Can input plot points and fly the mission, but there is no PAUSE button on screen, as is shown in a number of tutorials. I am flying an Inspire Pro with latest firmware and DJI GO updates.
To be honest waypoint mode in the DJI app is pretty lame and only marginally better than useless.
I would go for one of the 3rd party apps (Litchi, Autopilot etc) which will do exactly what you are after and give you way more controll over every aspect of the mission.

I thought about the third party apps. But after watching youtube reviews, it looks as if they all have one major problem or another.

- bumpy flight
- pauses at waypoints, regardless
- not stay on target
- no ability to change speed while flying
- no curved flight at waypoint
- corrupted mission
Etc

For this particular job, the standard waypoints, or even DJI Groundstation would be fine - if they worked.

Have you had success with a particular one?

Certainly not what I've found with Autopilot. Flight only bumpy if you get it to control the bird in an excessive way, no pausing at waypoints unless you programme it to, stays on target in multiple ways - but you do need to programme it correctly, you can programme in speed changes or in most modes change using a stick input - same with altitude as I recall, choice of curve types at waypoints. What have you been looking at? What you're describing sounds like the new GS Pro app.

Reactions: joeeagle
Thanks for the feedback. I will have a closer look at Autopilot.

I have a movie sequence to do that will need several takes of a long scene moving from a beach to a house and back again, following a path and street.

I could fly it manually with my camera operator, but a planned path may prevent retakes due to drifting off course, rather than actor errors.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have a closer look at Autopilot.

I have a movie sequence to do that will need several takes of a long scene moving from a beach to a house and back again, following a path and street.

I could fly it manually with my camera operator, but a planned path may prevent retakes due to drifting off course, rather than actor errors.
10/10 for autopilot. It's intimidating at first, but you should get the hang of it quicker than you think. My favorite shot that I've taken was with autopilot waypoints. If you get it right, it looks crazy good. I could never in a million years fly a drone that well manually.

Good luck! [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using InspirePilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962