Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No sound in Osmo Zenmusse X 5

Reaction score
hello, I stand before this community, I've been reading a lot of time but it is the first time I participate.
I apologize for my native language is not English and may not be well understood something.

I wanted to make a query: I have a few months osmo that works perfectly with the camera X3 series, with the latest firmware update does.

I have installed a Zenmuse X5 also upgraded to the latest version of pro inspire and everything works perfect except it does not record sound. Or the internal microphone, or with different external microphones, Rode Videomic, Sennheisser, etc.

I have tried to activate the audio recording from the main menu, and from the one camera and not activated. The icon appears on screen with the red symbol with a cross.

If X3 connect the sound is recorded without problem.

that may be happening or what has happened I skipped?

Greetings.

Hi Fernando

Welcome to the forum. The X5 has not been made a official add-on to the OSMO. Some users have made their own 3D printed adaptors. For you to get the full capabilities with the X5 you need to be invited to be a member of the DJI beta test team. Expect an official OSMO firmware update in the near or not too near future.

thanks for answering

I knew I would not have all the capabilities, I commented only if someone else had this problem or had some kind of solution.

I put a printed 3D adapter and everything works perfect, exposción both manual focus and automatic, color profiles etc. only the sound is what gives the error.

again thanks for answering.

Hi, if I understand your problem correct you have: Osmo + X5 + Adapter.
Recording video will result in no Audio. If that is correct than I have the same issue and here is the fix that worked for me:
Update Osmo to the latest firmware (1.8.2.40)
Update DJI Go to the latest version (3.0.1(8))
Go to Mic Control and make sure everything is as in this picture:
full

Talk to the Mic and see if the Mic indicator move bar up and down.
If not switch the 'Inner Mic' option off and on.
Try to talk to the Mic and it should work now.

Now if you record, your audio should work. This setting however will not persist if you close DJI GO app. You will have to do this everytime.

I have sent the bug to the firmware team and they will have someone fix this. In the meantime, let me know if this works for you.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1