Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NTSB: Drone Operator’s Lack of Knowledge on Rules to Blame for Helicopter Collision

I'd wager the drone pilot knew of the VLOS rule, but he tended to overlook and ignore it and got to where he is at now.

"“In his interview, the sUAS pilot indicated that he was not concerned with flying beyond visual line of sight, and he expressed only a general cursory awareness of regulations and good operating practices,” the final report says."

Interesting DJI turned off the TFR in August from complaints of pilots, and then resumed it in October along with the test in GO too. Somehow, given the need to learn of these areas in real time, I can foresee where they'd like to have a cellular connection on controllers to keep operators informed or perhaps lock them out from flying in an active TFR/NFZ, etc.

Human nature. Only the threat of fines/incarceration will deter these reckless operators (I refuse to call these clowns pilots). Heavy fines and/or a few days in the greybar hotel can deter some. I was a cop for 32 years and if more laws stopped behavior I would have been out of a job 31 years ago. Fines & jail always deter a few from recividism. It is a shame we may have to resort to criminal laws; but these clowns are going to get someone hurt eventually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44